Voobly - Dropping

Tongo

Posted 11 September 2018 - 3:52 am
Hey,

I don't want to create unimportant threads, but not playing AOC for days bothers me a lot (or playing but praying not to drop).

Suddenly, this week, my voobly began dropping a lot. I'm sure the problem is with me/my internet, but I just want to see if there is a piece of advice I can get here.

When I go to DOS, and try the 'ping -t 8.8.8.8' test, no router involved (wifi, from the modem), I'm not getting any failure message:

Resposta de 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 tempo=29ms TTL=113
Resposta de 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 tempo=27ms TTL=113
Resposta de 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 tempo=29ms TTL=113

Only lines like those (they are in Portuguese), normal, no failures, and yet I'm dropping from Voobly, every or 30/40 minutes. Actually I get some failure messages, but for example, I run the test from 1 PM to 4 PM, and I get a failure message at 2 PM (or 3 PM), but I dropped at 1:15, 1:50, 2:30, etc, it seems the drops have nothing to do with the failures, I don't know. I'm confused, the drops are constant, and the failure messages are happening more rarely. By the way, sometimes I get the failure message, but I don't drop (!?!?!?).

Any ideas? :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 11 September 2018 - 9:10 am
Hi there,

Are you sure there was no loss at all? Start the ping and launch a game. As soon as you drop, come back to the ongoing ping prompt and stop it (Ctrl C). Check the summary as well as the recent ping responses carefully. In most cases you should see a loss here. If you are absolutely certain there was no loss at all, try the following:

1. Make note of your public IP before and after the game. See if there was a change in your IP. Though this should reflect in your ping stats with a drop in ping, its still worth a check.

2. Try adding Voobly and AOC to your security apps exception list (i.e. if you haven't already done so)

3. Run a malware scan on your computer using an antimalware app. I would suggest [You must login to view link]

P.S: For your ping tests, try using [You must login to view link] instead.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Tongo

Posted 12 September 2018 - 6:33 am
Hello,

First of all, thanks for your time.

I've run the test using [You must login to view link], no loss, 0%, sometimes a failure.

But it's very strange. I drop only from the messenger, not from the lobby (for each drop from the lobby, I drop 5 times from the messenger), but I guess if I'm playing, only the drops from the lobby matter, not sure though. Also strange: the drops don't coincide with the failures in the ping test, timewise. I've just played, I had failures in the test during the game (I saw them after) but... I didn't drop.

One last thing.
I started getting FP with most of the players, at the same time I started having these drops. "Coincidence"?

(about the public IP, I didn't have time to make conclusive tests, but within the 5 hours that I checked, it didn't change. I also followed your second suggestion)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts