WololoKingdoms 5.8.1 Will not install.

Lukas3100

Posted 13 September 2018 - 4:50 pm
Hello.

I have been trying to install the update to WololoKingdoms but without succes. To start of with it kept giving me an error message, the game was running in the background apparently. I read up on it and found out i should try and uncheck "Adjust garrison flags for new architectures". This solved my error message and it worked to some degree. Now it let's me get a little further into the installation, it comes to empires2_x1_p1.dat and then it closes the installer without an error message.

I have been trying to figure out what to do next but to no avail.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Neo

Posted 13 September 2018 - 5:44 pm
Have you ever had wololo before and have you played it on voobly?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Lukas3100

Posted 15 September 2018 - 1:59 pm
Both, I have had Voobly and Wololokingdoms 5.7.2 and 5.7.4 and played with both patches.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 15 September 2018 - 3:14 pm
Please follow the steps mentioned here to perform a clean installation of the game:
http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch

Test the game, make sure it's working fine. If it is then start the WK installer.

Make sure you follow the steps as is and install the game in its default directory. While installing WK select the appropriate game folder.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 15 September 2018 - 8:41 pm
Also, make sure your game in Steam is updated to the 5.8 version. Plus, make sure you go to the list of your games in Steam, right-click on Age of Empires II HD -> Propreties -> Beta tab -> Select the "open-beta - Open Beta - Patch 5.8 - New balancing"
Then try to run again the WK installation.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Lukas3100

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:08 pm
Thank you sunny@voobly and _El_Hassan_!

This fixed my problem installing WK!

Thank you / Lukas3100.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts