Steam, AOE2HD, Voobly and Parallels. Why no work? :(

Notorious_BFG

Posted 24 November 2018 - 8:54 am
Hello there!

So I am trying to make Voobly happy but appear to be doing something wrong, OR it is because I am running Windoze 10 from OSX through Parallels?

I first did the update (manually, as Voobly couldn't seem to do it automatically) without reading the instructions. Needless to say that didn't work, ha. Then I did it again after following the instructions very carefully (I read a thread where this point was explicitly made) including the uninstallation of both AOE2HD and the patch, but to no avail! I am wondering if this is because I am not running windoze exclusively from it's own boot partition but instead through a virtual machine? Bearing in mind that steam and AOE2HD run fine as is.

One curious thing I have noticed is that the patch gives an error straight after opening saying that AOE2HD could not be found at the expected location. I then need to point the installer to the directory. Once I do this, the installer wants to add "/New Folder" on to the end of the path, despite this not being the path that the installer instructions say. I believe that in the first instance I missed this detail, but on the second install I corrected this error.

Any guidance would be appreciated! I hope I'm not reading too much in to this. Is there any way I can verify the successful patching of AOE2HD other than what Voobly reckons?

Thanks,
Link | Reply | Quote
 Notorious_BFG

Posted 24 November 2018 - 9:02 am
OMG.. Nevermind.

Out of desperation I said yes to Voobly repairing the compatibility issue, and this time it told me that I needed DirectPlay installed. So I did that, rebooted, and viola! Sorry for wasting your time, this is clearly a bothersome/fiddly issue.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 24 November 2018 - 11:56 am
Glad you solved your issue. If you have another problem/question, please feel free to create again a thread and we'll be glad to help you out.

Thread closed.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts