See recs in group

['sW]SilentTV

Posted 24 December 2018 - 3:56 am
Does anyone know what problem exists in this regard? Or is it a function that is only available for certain events?

My query arises because sometimes I have the need to analyze repetitions with several people at the same time.

Sorry for the mistakes, I used the google translator. [si alguien puede responderme en español, mejor] Saludos.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 25 December 2018 - 9:50 am
Hi.

You can't watch recorded games in group with the 1.5 R7 patch. The simple reason of that is the 1.5 R7 recorded games are using another file rec ID (id 9.F) which is not yet recognized by Voobly Client. That's why it needs to be updated and hopefully it will be soon.
Link | Reply | Quote
 jabacaxi

Posted 25 December 2018 - 10:59 am
I believe that you can use the Alpha version to group watch recs as a workaround, I think that's what they do for ECL: https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/831/v15-Alpha

You shouldn't use it for playing games though, just watching them.

Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 25 December 2018 - 2:55 pm
jabacaxi wrote:
I believe that you can use the Alpha version to group watch recs as a workaround, I think that's what they do for ECL: https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/831/v15-Alpha

He asked about watching it in group. Of course even with the Beta you can watch the game, but with no one with you in the room.

Also, you can't watch a beta game with the alpha one. Bad choice of mod/patch mostly leads to random crashes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['sW]SilentTV

Posted 25 December 2018 - 7:31 pm
jabacaxi wrote:

I have tried but the same problem arises, the playback of the recording does not start.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['sW]SilentTV

Posted 25 December 2018 - 7:33 pm
hassan wrote:
Hi.

You can't watch recorded games in group with the 1.5 R7 patch. The simple reason of that is the 1.5 R7 recorded games are using another file rec ID (id 9.F) which is not yet recognized by Voobly Client. That's why it needs to be updated and hopefully it will be soon.

Thanks, I hope it's soon
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Straya]robo_boro

Posted 27 December 2018 - 3:34 am
" [You must login to view link]
Quote:
I'm currently in the need of watchin a recorded game with more people at the same time! in the latest patch, this can't happen, is there any patch to be able to?

Scripter
Quote:
This is a problem with the Voobly client and it needs an update to recognize the new rec id introduced many months ago with v1.5 Beta R7. It's not even a problem with the complex stuff like handling the rec data, etc. It's just making it accept the "9.F" id instead of only "9.E" lol.

This should be a simple 30 second fix, but unfortunately the Voobly devs have been unavailable for several months and I have no influence there. If anyone at Voobly can get this fixed, it would be greatly appreciated.

please fix this. it is over 2.5 months now since the problem started and has an impact on everyone who watches recorded games."

That was posted in August on the complaints forum.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Straya]robo_boro

Posted 27 December 2018 - 3:35 am
jabacaxi wrote:

The alpha won't work by itself. I have to modify the recs so that they will be accepted by the alpha branch.
Link | Reply | Quote
 user124641314

Posted 27 December 2018 - 5:33 pm
Hope it gets fixed soon too..
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dej4Vu

Posted 27 December 2018 - 5:39 pm
this is weird, because in some builds you can watch rec in groups and anothers can't ;?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts