Villager Building Bug

Sortoff

Posted 30 January 2019 - 1:30 pm
Please find attached screenshot for game diagnostics. I have also added to attachments.

[You must login to view link]
Attachments:
game diagnostics.png (file size: 460.52 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Sortoff

Posted 30 January 2019 - 1:32 pm
Hi.

Please find screenshot of game diagnostics :

Attachments:
game diagnostics.png (file size: 460.52 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Sortoff

Posted 30 January 2019 - 1:40 pm
I am also adding network diagnostics but I am outside, I connected via my iphone.

Normally I use wireless modem for sure.
Attachments:
NETWORK DAgnostics.docx (file size: 519.11 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Achtentachtig

Edited 30 January 2019 - 5:44 pm by Achtentachtig
Think about it logically before suggesting things like reinstalling. Your villagers aren't building it but standing inside building. So most likely they are ordered to move inside the building instead of building it. I dont know how this happens. If you build something, you left-click on the location where you want it right? Right-click would order it to move. That implies you got either problems with your mouse or you got connection issues in multiplayer games. That would be the first things to look at. It is highly unlikely that it is an installation issue.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 30 January 2019 - 7:50 pm
Hi.

Seems your ports aren't forwarded proprely according to the network diagnostics, but we can check it out later.

About your game diagnostics, that's perfect.
Close Voobly. Now go to :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\Voobly Mods\

Delete all folders there. Run Voobly again and let it download again patches.
Then you can go to our mod center : https://www.voobly.com/games/view/Age-of-Empires-II-The-Conquerors/Game-Mods

So you can download/install any mod you want manually.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sortoff

Posted 1 February 2019 - 7:59 am
Hi.

Thank you for your efforts so far. I was able to try the game last night after re-installation.

There is definitely much improvement and bug happened much less than usual.
It happened only 3 times in 2 games. Normally it was happening around 20 times.

Considering bug does not happen with computer and bug occurence decreased after re-installation, I feel it may be related to my multiplayer connection or packet loss.

Odd thing is, normally I don't experience FP or crashes and I felt my connection is relatively strong.

Should I try port forwarding ?

Also, how should optimum voobly settings be arranged ( e.g game mechanics, resolution, directx )

Best Regards
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 1 February 2019 - 8:23 am
Hi there,

It seems you either have a problem with your mouse or you are a victim of lag. Since you did mention that this does not happen in single player games, I will incline more towards the later possibility. If I were you, I would try to narrow down the problem with the following steps (in no particular order)

1. Ensure that you have a direct connection while playing on Voobly. If you do not have a direct connection, you might want to login to your router and forward your NAT port (default would be UDP 16000)
2. Check for packet losses while you are in game. Keep a ping window running and check for lost packets after the game.
3. Disable all security applications (firewall, antivirus, antimalware) for a short while and play a 1v1 game on Voobly. You are less likely to experience serious lag in a 1v1 game. Furthermore, do make sure that you are not FP to the player you are playing with.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sortoff

Posted 2 February 2019 - 1:27 pm
Hi there,

Unfortunately bug remains, it increased in some games.

I am not a technical guy, so I have some questions

1. How can I make sure I have direct connection to voobly ?
2. How can I monitor ping and packet loss ?
3. How to disable all firewall ?

I am never FP with other players but this happens.

Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 2 February 2019 - 2:56 pm
If you are never fp to other players then you probably have a direct connection. Please run the network diagnostics and share the outcome with me. You will find this option in here:

To monitor your ping do the following before you login to voobly and start a game. Keep the ping window running throughout your game and then check for stats at the end of your game. Press Ctrl C at the end to stop the ping.

Open the Command prompt by clicking on the start button (windows key on the keyboard) and then typing "cmd" in the search bar (without the quotes)
You should now see a black box (the command prompt)
Type the following command and hit enter
ping [You must login to view link] -t
If you see quite a few messages like "Request timed out" or "Destination host unreachable" you should immediately pick up the phone and call your ISP to inform them that you are loosing packets..

As for firewall, it depends on what security application you are using on your computer (AVG, McAfee, Norton, Kasperskey, etc ). Whatever it is, open the application and add an exception for Voobly and AOC in it.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 24 out of 24 posts