Voobly AoE2 setup - hotkeys and mods

Yeoman_Emperor

Posted 26 December 2018 - 1:29 am
Hi, looking for some assistance with getting the final part of my voobly setup just right.

I've gone through the setup via a guide using AoE2tools , which generally seemed to work well. I was doing this because I was converting my steam-version aoe2 onto voobly.

-Firstly, when I start up a voobly match (Wololo kingdoms), i cannot seem to access my preferred hotkeys file, despite having the converted and correct hotkey file saved in the Wololo kingdoms folder, as accessed via the Aoe2tools 'Open Folder' button) - perhaps I am just missing something obvious here, such as activating it on Voobly itself, or pairing that hki. file with my profile? the import hotkeys section doesn't seem to do anything else after just telling me the file is corrrectly imported.

-Secondly, when I start up a voobly match (Wololo kingdoms), i can't seem to play the game without the annoying 'Idle Villager' mod activated. The other visual mods are generally okay, but this one I would like to turn off. Weirdly when i was setting up voobly via aoe2tools, i asked for this mod not to be enabled, but for some reason all of the 5 visual mods are automatically enabled when I start a match.

Thanks, I would really appreciate anyone who can give advice or support on this :)

Yeoman_Emperor
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 26 December 2018 - 12:59 pm
You were using a third-party tool, which you use at your own risk and which we do not support. The tool was written by player(s) of the AOC community, but it is not affiliated with Voobly.

In order to play on Voobly, just follow this article (this will also convert your steam Age2HD to AOC):
https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts