I can not install 1.5 Beta R7 pls help :(

abiyubi

Edited 1 January 2019 - 2:36 am by abiyubi
I will do step by step and give here screenshots what i have done and update this post.

[You must login to view link]

UAC eneabled already.

I don't have any antivirus program as you see. First thing after formated windows to make clean install AOE. as you linked above . I used this link https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch

I exit from voobly and unistall compatibility patch

Unistall AOE 2 HD

Rename folder

Set steam english and restart.
Started to install the game.

Installed. Play and exit the game. I will continue tomorrow.

Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 1 January 2019 - 12:30 pm
Great. If it still doesn't work, try to configure correctly your firewall in order to play in Voobly :
https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1035+How+to+configure+Windows+Firewall+to+play+on+Voobly

Make sure to follow all steps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 abiyubi

Edited 1 January 2019 - 7:06 pm by hassan
I entered voobly first time after fnish the installation. Get this screen.

I clicked yes for compability patch and get this screen

I can do it manually ?

I will try firewall access as you linked above.

https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1035+How+to+configure+Windows+Firewall+to+play+on+Voobly
tried this but still the same.

When i try to instal compability patch manually i get this screen.

It can not dedect my game automaticly
When i do it manually and chose gema folder Aoe2HD. In the pitcure you can see it adds more aditional folder as /NewFolder

I installed compaiblity patch its done. I have ne problem at game diagnostic. Voobly can update mods automaticly when i enter any game. But still the same problem with 1.5 Beta R7

Also give firewall acceses

Still same.

As you see mods can be updated but patch is not.
Also can update other patches example
[Spam link removed]

When i try to download R7

[Spam link removed]

Is there any other solution suggestions ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 GregStein

Posted 1 January 2019 - 6:07 pm
It appears to me to be either: Permission issue, Rootkit, Win Defender interference, or missing MV C++ library.

Join Discord: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 abiyubi

Edited 1 January 2019 - 9:18 pm by abiyubi
Thanks alot GregStein to help me to solve problem. If anybody encounter such as this problem. Greg solve this with router configuration. Add ports and disable some protection services.
Link | Reply | Quote
 GregStein

Edited 1 January 2019 - 10:05 pm by GregStein
abiyubi wrote:
Thanks alot GregStein to help me to solve problem. If anybody encounter such as this problem. Greg solve this with router configuration. Add ports and disable some protection services.

Any time brother! Just to elaborate more so to understand how We approached and resolved the problem.

Things that We tried but didn't work:

- Installation of Microsoft visual c++ all in one pack: [You must login to view link]
- Malware Scan: [You must login to view link]
- Completely & Temporarily Disable Windows Defender Antivirus (not firewall): [You must login to view link]
- Firewall > Inbound > Finding Voobly application rule then right click > Under Advanced > Check the 3 boxes "Private", "Public", "Domain" > Save.

Then finally a system reboot.

After starting windows, the problem persisted. Therefore, It only seemed logical to me after everything we did that the problem cannot be originated from the system. So there is only-one explanation: when voobly initiates downloading 1.5RC 7, the client voobly attempt to unzip an archive "1.5RC 7" that didn't even download at the first place.

Then it hit me, What if it's the router firewall? To confirm my theory We instantly install Windscribe (vpn) and connected to it. Surprise! Surprise! Downloading works through the VPN... Making me scratch my head, how voobly is downloading its mods? Why some router firewalls are blocking them?... Anyhow, we got access to the router and disabled flood and ddos modules, port forwarded; we gave the router a reboot and that fixed.

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 2 January 2019 - 12:49 am
hi
nice one greg.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 22 out of 22 posts