Lag in lategame

hassan

Posted 27 January 2019 - 8:08 pm
Jupe wrote:
Not sure which one of the questions was that answer to but anyway is lagg in all TG that go to imperial (maybe like 15 games so far) but wasn't able to replicate it against AI (well only tried once barbarian DM post imp 4v4)

DM is a bit fast. We need to isolate the problem whether it's a performance or network issue. Even with AI, with a lot of units, you should be able to reproduce the lag if it's related to your computer's performance.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jupe

Posted 27 January 2019 - 8:24 pm
Allright sure i will try.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jupe

Posted 27 January 2019 - 9:06 pm
Yeah i tried RM game 4v4 with barbarians. Definately was lagging there even more than it does againts humans.
One Core CPU usage was around same than it was when i tried, although it didn't hit 100% untill imp (but againts AI there was lagg already very infrequently in dark, feudal, castle)
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:13 am
Do you have any integrated graphic card?

If yes, check if AoC is ran by NVIDIA through the NVIDIA control panel.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jupe

Edited 28 January 2019 - 1:10 am by Jupe
Motherboard does have integrated graphics but the CPU doesn’t support integrated graphics so it doesn’t work with it. Anyway i checked In NVIDIA Control panel in programs i can find AoE2 HD twice (AoK hd.exe) and (launcher.exe) but can't find AoC there :?. I guess that just means that the program will be run with the default settings?
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 28 January 2019 - 4:29 am
No hold on.

- Please double check about the integrated graphic card by going to the device manager.

-In the NVIDIA 3D settings, you'll need to add manually the converted AoC (age2_x1.exe) which you can find in your : gamepath\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe

I'm asking about it because, in cases of double graphic cards, AoC will always use the integrated one, as it doesn't support directly the NVIDIA GTX unless it's the only graphic card here.

Please check what I said.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jupe

Posted 28 January 2019 - 6:43 am
In device manager it only shows the NVIDIA GTX one.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 28 January 2019 - 6:49 am
Alright that's good.

Now for the NVIDIA : add your AoC game as mentionned above so you can modify settings. Also, in case of, please launch the game and check if it appears in the NVIDIA processor activity (in task bar, on the right)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jupe

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:50 am
Yeah i added it to the list and it does show on taskbar graphicbar-thingy. Tried game after those and same lagg still.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 29 January 2019 - 7:17 am
Alright so let's try those :

-Change settings of how your graphic card reacts with AoC through the NVIDIA control panel.

-Make sure the monitors have their native resolutions selected. If it's already, try to change resolutions to see.

-Check if you have 100% scaling in the display (in Windows settings).
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jupe

Edited 29 January 2019 - 6:41 pm by Jupe
I did a clean windows 10 install because i had changed so many settings around windows that i started to have some issues with it. Anyway the lagg was same after clean instal (atleast i don't think i need to do that again)

Monitors use native resolution (both of them are 1920x1080)
Scaling is 100%
Quote:
Now it won't let me change the settings in that 3d-graphics area when i have selected aoc (\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe)
The error it gives says ''usage blocked. The usage of selected settings in the system failed'' (that is a free translation, as my windows is in finnish 11)
Actually it gives me the same when i try to change settings in the ''main'' thing also
E: NVM i installed new drivers from nvidia site and no longer a issue
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 29 January 2019 - 6:52 pm
Jupe wrote:
I have 16gb of DDR4 RAM
Started happening after i got my 2nd monitor about 2 weeks ago. However i didn't notice it untill like week after; might be because of not playing any tg into later stages of the game back then but i guess there is small chance it could be something else aswell.
I did graphics card update for after i noticed the lagg i believe.

I dont know if that is something unusual but what i noticed already before was that my 2nd monitor is under difrent driver that is called generic pnp monitor, i guess because the monitor doesn't have its own driver or something? The 1st monitor has it's own Benq drivers which updated to new nvidia drivers while the Generic PnP Monitor has drivers dated to 2006 by microsoft.

Oh I thought you already did ? Alright, just test a couple more of games. I was about to suggest you to install different versions of the driver if there is still an issue. Give me your feedback after please.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jupe

Edited 13 February 2019 - 10:43 pm by Jupe
No real progress since my last post. Have been trying to change some of the settings inside that nvidia control panel thing 3d thing.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 14 February 2019 - 5:23 pm
Hi.

Then try to install an older driver of your graphic card. Check end 2016 beginning of 2017 drivers, maybe new features presented in the new driver versions indirectly impact on that.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 29 out of 29 posts