Port Fowarding on the cell phone

Tongo

Edited 23 January 2019 - 3:55 am by Tongo
Hey,

Latelyt, I've been using my cell phone as a router to play Age, not the greatest idea but my 'normal internet' is not working very well.
However, I need to open the ports, and I haven't been able to do it. I thought it would be the same on the cellphone as it is on the desktop, but I don't know why I can't enter the 'cell phone router'. Typing the IP isn't working, nothing happens, and everywhere on google I see HOW TO ENTER YOUR ROUTER FROM YOUR CELL PHONE, but I need to enter ON my cell phone.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for any ideas :)

(Edit) ► 80% of the players are FP with me, so it's exausting to wait for a 'good' player to enter and play :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 23 January 2019 - 11:58 am by +chris@voobly
You cannot properly play with the data connection of your cell phone, nor is possible to forward the ports for a 3G/4G/5G connection. Even if you had a LTE router (which comes with the Port Forwarding option), the problem is related to the way, how the mobile phone network works. Some ISPs also have the habit, to assign you a new IP with every new connection request, even worse it gets, if they are mixing IPv6 and IPv4. We strongly recommend to use a DSL or Cable connection in order to play on Voobly.

Some users have reported, that using a VPN allowed them to play, but this comes with three major problems, you have to keep in mind. One, VPN services consume a lot of traffic, keep that in mind, before you get a high telephone bill or before they reduce the bandwidth of your 3G/4G/5G connection. Two, most banned users try evading their ban using a VPN. If you are affected by a shared ban, we will not unban you. Three, the usual privacy aspects you should consider, when installing and using such software on your PC and forcing all traffic to a VPN provider. Especially if their services are for free or incredibly inexpensive, it should be pretty obviously, why that's the case (similar to Facebook too).
Link | Reply | Quote
 Tongo

Posted 23 January 2019 - 6:17 pm
:(
Unfortunately, for now my 3G is the only option. I'ts working, but like I said, it takes time to 'conect' with a player. Wasting a lot of time.

At least now I know why I haven't been able to open the ports. Thanks! Voobly staff is amazingly competent.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts