Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Can't get my native resolution to show correct fog of war (2560x1440)

Can't get my native resolution to show correct fog of war (2560x1440)

hassan

Posted 5 February 2019 - 10:05 pm
['NZ']N1K wrote:
Is there an online store somewhere other than steam where i can purchase the game? or will i have to try and buy or find the actual CDs (like on ebay,amazon, trademe(nz version))

You can find it in Amazon. I don't say it will work with the CD, that's why I asked for a test with it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['NZ']N1K

Posted 22 February 2019 - 8:20 am
Ok, i will try get a hold of CD and update this when i do - but likely will take me a few weeks until i get back to the city where i live (currently not there) as i know a few aoe2 players who are there.

Thanks again for the help
Link | Reply | Quote
 ByTheHoser

Posted 11 March 2019 - 6:26 am
Same issue here.
I believe the problem is caused by modern monitors, so I don't think reinstalling will improve the issue.
Modern monitors seem to get confused by the fog so they draw it green.
It's not the game that does this - you can prove this by taking a screen shot showing the green fog. The fog will appear completely normal UNLESS you view the screenshot in full screen, then your monitor will show fog as green.

Based on the posts I've read it seems to ONLY occurs on 1440p monitors, generally ones with a high refresh rate along with a newer graphics card.
Since it's not related to the game itself, changing the voobly settings or reinstalling won't help.

Possible Solutions

1. Adjusting the sharpness on your monitor.
- This seems to fix the issue for most people, but in my case my monitor (Dell S2716DG) only has adjustable contrast and brightness. Adjusting these doesn't seem to help.

2. Downressing to 1920x1080.
- This completely fixes the green fog. Some people might prefer this resolution anyways, but coming from HD edition it seems far too zoomed in for me.

The only workaround that works for me:

1. Adjusting the "desktop color settings" in your graphics control panel.
[For NVIDIA: Right click on desktop, select NVIDIA Control Panel, click on Adjust desktop color settings and select "Use NVIDIA settings"]

These are the settings that seem to work best for me:
Brightness: 80%
Contrast: 0%
Gamma: 0.55

This will make colors more washed out, but it tones down the crazy green and completely fixes the f****ing (except on bright maps with snow or white sand).
It's a bit annoying to have to toggle this on and off when playing, but this is the only solution I've found that makes the game playable for me.

Hopefully some hero out there will come up with a permanent solution that completely fixes the problem, but until then I hope this will help.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 18 out of 18 posts