Voobly crashes after each game

Shockwave1991

Posted 6 February 2019 - 1:17 am
Hello,

every time i finish an AoE II game my voobly crashes. The game room is still displayed on my screen but i can't click in it! Closing voobly works but its annoying... is this problem known?

Thanks for help!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 February 2019 - 8:55 am
Please try whether this is the cause: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1018+Age+of+Empires+II+is+causing+major+lag+on+Voobly+client
Link | Reply | Quote
 Shockwave1991

Posted 6 February 2019 - 3:15 pm
Hey,

i don't have that folder i'm afraid :( Any other suggestions?

Additionally my voobly disconnects nearly every game and i get this error message: Network Connection Error [Code: 10000001]. Connection errors are typically caused by a temporary server outage, a firewall, or a problem with your internet connection. If it's been a long time since you've connected to Voobly it's recommended that you redownload the client from the website.

Thx for help!
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 6 February 2019 - 4:16 pm by kitt
hi
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\SaveGame\Multi
for a 64 bit operating system
or
C:\Program Files \Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\SaveGame\Multi
for a 32 bit operating system. it may be in the steam folder if you have a install from them. just del the temp saves.

from options at the top of a lobby, do the game and network diagnostics and show here. have you forwarded port 16000udp to your private ip address?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Shockwave1991

Posted 6 February 2019 - 5:18 pm
kitt wrote:
hi
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\SaveGame\Multi
for a 64 bit operating system
or
C:\Program Files \Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\SaveGame\Multi
for a 32 bit operating system. it may be in the steam folder if you have a install from them. just del the temp saves.
You mean to delete all saved games etc? I just delete all files inside the savegame folder now...

Game diagnostics:
Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
Verifying 'ebueulax.dll' exists...
Verifying 'age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Verifying 'language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Verifying 'Sound\music.m3u' exists...
Verifying 'data\graphics.drs' exists...
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 218112 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying file exists... Success!
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.

Network diagnostics:
Starting networking diagnostics...

Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 1' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Test Result: All Pass
Network Health: All tests passed
Recommended Action: None
Details: All tests passed.

For help understanding this report or for more information go to http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/177#Network_Diagnostic_Tool.

Port 160000 is forwarded at IPv4 and IPv6 by the protocol UDP!
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 6 February 2019 - 5:33 pm
hi
that all looks ok. its the temp saves that need deleting from the above directorys not all your saved games.
check the ipv4 you forwarded is still the same. you can reserve it in the router dhcp so you get it each time. are you on a normal connection, modem/router by dsl/cable? are you connecting to it by hard wire or wi-fi? you try turning off the ipv6 as a test.
check you only have one active pc firewall.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Shockwave1991

Posted 6 February 2019 - 6:34 pm
okay i deleted those files: tempsave0.msz and tempsave1.msz
I checked the IPv4 again... its still forwarded!
Yes i am connected via DSL but via wifi!
I only use windows defender firewall!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Shockwave1991

Posted 6 February 2019 - 6:36 pm
I played two games today! I won both... the enemy resigned but when i tried to return to the game room it told me again: connection lost! The RM Medieval lobby closed and i had to log on to voobly again :( both games were rated as lost in my profile :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 Shockwave1991

Posted 6 February 2019 - 7:18 pm
I am using this device to connect to the wifi witch my desktop pc:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 7 February 2019 - 1:24 pm by kitt
hi
ok
can you use a hard wire to connect your pc to the router and see if the same thing happens?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Shockwave1991

Posted 8 February 2019 - 12:05 am
hi
i tried it my game was rated as won but the disconnect happend again :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 8 February 2019 - 3:02 pm
hi
ok
log in to the router and access the logs there. see if your connection shows a reset/s at all. what do you have running in the back ground, while playing at voobly?
apps like ccleaner can show you or open a run box and type" msconfig" enter. go to start up.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 12 out of 12 posts