Who???
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Evil_Weasel

Posted 7 February 2019 - 11:55 am
Me, closed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 7 February 2019 - 10:58 pm
Topics are auto-closed after X amount of time (few month I think) and not a moderator do it manually. There can be exceptions ofc, but those are for reasons, specially in tech support forum.

The autoclose mechanism is exists to prevent miss-use of tech forum topics, double-posting and ofc, resurrecting old posts just for trolling. Voobly forum is huge and for a new user it's really hard to find relevant topics.

If there is a topics which should not be closed, you can ask for a reopen (in most of the case).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]ExoloT

Posted 8 February 2019 - 1:33 pm
[MM]Gallas wrote:

The autoclose mechanism is exists to prevent miss-use of tech forum topics, double-posting and ofc, resurrecting old posts just for trolling. Voobly forum is huge and for a new user it's really hard to find relevant topics.

1) There is nothing wrong in bringing a thread up on top if you want everyone to read it and give their opinion on it. Specially when it has thousands of views and multiple responses.

2) Nobody is trying to search anything on your forums. The forum section are inactive despite hundreds of people playing on voobly ( Suggestion and General ones)
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 8 February 2019 - 3:10 pm
[sT]ExoloT wrote:
2) Nobody is trying to search anything on your forums. The forum section are inactive despite hundreds of people playing on voobly ( Suggestion and General ones)

Says you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']HoneySingh_Chut

Posted 9 February 2019 - 10:03 pm
I have never been to the forums directly. However, always reached it via google whenever needed any fix for setup or game issues.
Link | Reply | Quote
 EZ_CR1MSON

Edited 9 February 2019 - 10:32 pm by EZ_CR1MSON
[sT]ExoloT wrote:
2) Nobody is trying to search anything on your forums. The forum section are inactive despite hundreds *Correction* thousands of people playing on voobly ( Suggestion and General ones)

So that was kind of his point man..... its 2019, hardly anyone bothers to "search anything on your forums" on any forum. Google has literally won the internet. I think what Gallas was trying to say is, old **** gets closed so the new **** goes to the top. I imagine that helps in the short term for crawler indexing. Most definitely helps in the long term. Also, their system is obviously working to some degree as im sure youve noticed... We are all here talking about the very forums in question.

Not trying to call you out man, but the way you said that kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Im no white knight but I do feel these Voobly dudes deserve the absolute bare minimum of respect for keeping this **** running for us for so long.

*on a side note, is there a way to do strike out on here?*
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]ExoloT

Posted 10 February 2019 - 1:37 am
EZ_CR1MSON wrote:
So that was kind of his point man..... its 2019, hardly anyone bothers to "search anything on your forums" on any forum. Google has literally won the internet. I think what Gallas was trying to say is, old **** gets closed so the new **** goes to the top. I imagine that helps in the short term for crawler indexing. Most definitely helps in the long term. Also, their system is obviously working to some degree as im sure youve noticed... We are all here talking about the very forums in question.

Not trying to call you out man, but the way you said that kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Im no white knight but I do feel these Voobly dudes deserve the absolute bare minimum of respect for keeping this **** running for us for so long.

*on a side note, is there a way to do strike out on here?*

I see you have read my 2nd point so its obvious you read the 1st one too.

Lets suppose I see a thread and I want to give my opinion on the topic and participate in the discussion but what I see is a closed thread. I cannot participate in the thread now. If I open the same thread again the guy who opened previous thread of same topic might not be there to read it and participate. This is one of the reason we see alot of 1 post threads. There are alot of duplicate threads.

Supposition 2: I created a NPL related thread myself and it got some good views and replies. I wanted it to stay on the top so that whoever wants to participate in the thread they can do so. That thread was closed. Now I see similar threads from new players or players who haven`t read my post. Its the similar post. It would have been great if those new thread posters also responded to the old one which was already there.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 10 February 2019 - 10:31 am by ['RB']nhoobish
poop
Code:
[s]poop[/s]

I guess this is not what you want though, use Bold and Font enlargement, etc.

https://www.voobly.com/pages/view/29
Link | Reply | Quote
 EZ_CR1MSON

Edited 25 May 2019 - 9:59 am by EZ_CR1MSON
@mass killer, Fair enough. Also, i think your points are likely valid. Looking back on it, i think i mightve taken what you said the wrong way. I'm used to everyone doing nothing but complain just for the sake of it, this IS the internet after all. This behavior is not only annoying, it can be detrimental. As opposed to constructive criticism which can actually bring about improvement.

So......... GG WP lol

@ThisIsMySPECacc Yea..... i dunno why i was having trouble finding it.....Thx

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts