Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Graphic Bug with high resolution / multi mon settings

Graphic Bug with high resolution / multi mon settings

n30n

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:57 pm
Hi there,

when I play AoC with the 1.5 Mod my screen looks like in the attached file. I tried a lot of stuff but its still there.

- It only happens when I play in full resolution of my monitor (1280x1024) or if I go for multi monitor
- it only happens with the 1.5 patches, 1.4 works perfectly fine
- i bought the HD version, but it is still there
- I tried all the various settings (32bit, etc...) nothing helped

does anyone may be know why that is?

any help highly appreciated!

best

n30n
Attachments:
Unbenannt.gif (file size: 617.45 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 10 February 2019 - 1:02 pm
Hi.

First, how did you install your game ? Please post a game diagnostics there. (Go to your lobby. Options->Game Diagnostics and click Begin Scan . Screenshot or copy/paste here)

Also, try to use those recommended settings in your room
https://www.voobly.com/files/view/31695090/db4efrmhsw88gf2wefkakbmj9nqvfr7r/VGR8.png

Link | Reply | Quote
 GregStein

Edited 10 February 2019 - 7:20 pm by GregStein
This trick I'm about to share with you helped me many times to fix that bug with the interface UI but not sure if it would help you. Anyways, what you should do is run the game as usually in fullscreen as you did above in the screenshot. Then Press F10>Options and change the resolution to 800x600 Then press Ok. The screen will be smaller. Now Again!! Press F10 >Options and change the resolution back to 1280x1024. Done.

Let me know if that works.
Link | Reply | Quote
 n30n

Edited 11 February 2019 - 10:36 am by n30n
@Hassan

I tried with recommended settings, which made the purple glitch go away. However now my multi mon isnt working correctly (see screenshot 1) - the bar is still streched out but for some reason nothing is displayed on my second monitor. I also attached the logfile at the end (it is in german, I hope that is not a problem..)

@Gregstein

I tried it, it looked like screenshot 2 (a tiny window, but at least without graphic glitch - however when I switched back the problem was still there...

thank you guys a lot for your help so far!

Non-DirectPlay Spiel-Pfad ist 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd'
Überprüfe 'ebueulax.dll' existstiert...
Überprüfe 'age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' existstiert...
Überprüfe 'language_x1_p1.dll' existstiert...
Überprüfe 'Sound\music.m3u' existstiert...
Überprüfe 'data\graphics.drs' existstiert...
Überprüfe 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' existstiert...
Erfolgreich!
Voobly-Pfad ist 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Spiel-Version ist '1.0C-VLY'
Überprüfe 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd\language_x1_p1.dll' existstiert...
Erfolgreich!
Überprüfe DirectPlay Libraries...
Suche nach dpwsockx.dll...
Suche nach dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 218112 bytes
DirectPlay Init Erfolgreich!
Scanne installierte DirectPlay Spiele...
Age of Empires II
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Spiel wurde in DirectPlay Registry geunden!
DirectPlay deutet auf diesen Installationspfad hin 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd'
DirectPlay Command-Line ist 'Lobby'
DirectPlay deutet auf diese Spiel-exe hin 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Überprüfe Datei existstiert... Erfolgreich!
Scanne 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Erfolgreich!
Attachments:
Unbenannt2.png (file size: 165.67 KB)
Unbenannt.png (file size: 975.42 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:58 am
Hi.

Please enable this feature "Span Game Across Multiple Monitors" as it is in the screenshot :

You must login into Voobly to view image

Also, make sure your second monitor has the EXACT same resolution as the first one in order to have an optimal result.
Link | Reply | Quote
 n30n

Edited 11 February 2019 - 1:45 pm by n30n
Hey Hassan,

thank you again. I did - however it is staying on one monitor. Both Montors are the same with the exact same res.

Strangely enough, even when I do not click any of those two settings as in the screenshot 2 , the game still looks like in screenshot 1.

I left all the other settings as recommended.

best

N30n
Attachments:
Unbenannt.png (file size: 780.79 KB)
Unbenannt2.png (file size: 20.75 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Edited 11 February 2019 - 4:09 pm by hassan
Hi.

From the screenshot 2, the two first settings should be enabled in your case. Also, after launching the game, go to Options and check if you can select your native resolution.

Give me your feedback after that.

EDIT : Please make sure you correctly enabled the feature as it won't work if you don't.
https://www.voobly.com/pages/view/25/Wide-Screen-and-Multi-Monitor-Support#MultiMonitor_support
As stated here, it should work with that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 n30n

Edited 11 February 2019 - 6:52 pm by n30n
Dear Hassan,

thank you again. When I went to settings in game, I could only select the resolution for one monitor (1280x1024) but not as before 2560x1024. After doing so, my game switched to a normal look on one monitor.
I had both options ("Span game across multiple monitors" and "force desktop resolution") turned on.

So as of now, even when I relauch, with the multi-mon options turned on, the game is shown compelty on one monitor and I cannot choose a resolution higher than that anymore.

I checked my monitor preferences, my left monitor is set as the primary monitor within the windows display settings.

best,

N30n
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 13 February 2019 - 2:40 pm
Press windows key on your keyboard and P and make sure 'Extend' option is selected.

In your Voobly game room, 'Render in 32 bit' needs to be enabled.
Switch the command bar position to center.

If it still does not work, swap the primary and secondary monitors and try again.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts