Abnormal game speed while spectating WK games

[Anvil]Mr_Whiskers

Edited 21 February 2019 - 1:24 pm by [Anvil]Mr_Whiskers
Hi,

I have a problem while spectating live WK games (I haven't tested it for vanilla AOC, but I suspect it will be the same issue). The issue is that the game speed seems to be slower by default compared to other players. Note that this isn't just when late spectating -- even when I am spectating from the start of the game I need to speed up the game regularly (to 100 speed) to catch up with the other spectators. When it finally catches up for a second, my game speed automatically reverts to slower than standard, meaning that if I don't fast-forward every 30 seconds or so I will be behind everyone else again.

It is probably important to note that I am running Voobly and AOC on Linux with Wine. When I start the game in 8-bit mode, I do not seem to have this problem. The game speed appears normal in 8-bit mode. The reason that I don't start the game in 8-bit mode, however, is because the game takes at least a couple of minutes to start up if I do, which doesn't happen when I enable 32-bit colors under the DirectX menu.

Any idea what the problem could be and how to fix it? I have not heard of anyone else having this problem. I have a feeling that this problem doesn't only occur while spectating, but also while playing the game. The game just feels slower when playing this way compared to 8-bit mode, but I am aware that this may be subjective.

Thanks in advance! If necessary, I can provide more information or even demonstrate this live. Just let me know.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Edited 26 February 2019 - 6:27 pm by hassan
Hi.

To start with, please proceed with those recommened settings in your room, then have a test :

https://www.voobly.com/files/view/31695090/db4efrmhsw88gf2wefkakbmj9nqvfr7r/VGR8.png

- Can you please provide more details about your computer's specs ?
- Also, which version of Wine are you using ?
- Did you follow any instructions to install Voobly in Linux ?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts