Outlaws Issues

T4H_WaRRioR

Posted 21 February 2019 - 1:51 pm
I know we started discussing this almost 2 years ago how Voobly doesn't detect the GOG version of Outlaws (the original CD version does not run correctly on new OS PCs). There was a bit of back and forth discussion and then suddenly devs went quiet about the issue. Has anything else been figured out or has the issue just been "swept under the rug"??? I check back every so often in hopes of something being update or fixed or atleast some communication but nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:
Capture.JPG (file size: 98.17 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 21 February 2019 - 5:17 pm
hi
not as far as i know.
win10 turns of recognition of safe disk, as a security issue. you can re-enable it. google it. that may enable the cd's to be played.
Link | Reply | Quote
 T4H_WaRRioR

Posted 21 February 2019 - 5:29 pm
Pretty much everyone in our facebook group (680 members) have either the GOG version or the new Steam version, the CD version is no longer available unless you find it on ebay so the CD route isnt the way we can go. We have to use the GOG version...we were hoping you guys could help the lobby locate the installed GOG version
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 21 February 2019 - 5:43 pm
hi
i assume its on some ones list of things to do but when.................................
Link | Reply | Quote
 T4H_WaRRioR

Posted 21 February 2019 - 6:26 pm
Yeah thats normally the answers we get but 2 years is a long list lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 T4H_WaRRioR

Posted 27 February 2019 - 12:14 am
Silence, awesome, that's what we are used to at this point....thanks again voobly for your concern and care. Perhaps taking the game down off your site instead of dangling it over our head would be appropriate while you're at it, thanks have a great day
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:07 pm
Voobly is run by two private individuals, and it's a private project. We don't have the resources to react like a company, since we have no employees. We do this in our free time, besides our full time job and family life. Perhaps you want to volunteer like anyone else of us and help us, getting the game working again, aye?
Link | Reply | Quote
 T4H_WaRRioR

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:05 pm
I understand that but 2 years jeez, just admit yall have no desire or plans to fix it, it shows and that's fine but don't drag it out just be honest is all i'm asking, u keep giving false hope. We have had guys come here and say they'd be more than happy to help try to get things sorted and fixed but got no response lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 28 February 2019 - 5:06 pm
I have tried troubleshooting this using Anno 1602. The original game works just fine on Voobly, once you install the GOG version however, you cannot launch anymore. In case of Anno 1602, the game was still detected without any problems. But I was unable to get multiplayer working through the DPlay parameters.
Link | Reply | Quote
 T4H_WaRRioR

Edited 1 March 2019 - 12:21 am by T4H_WaRRioR
Thank you for updating me... that's all I've wanted... if ya'll can't get the GOG version working that's fine we can still play the old manual way just not near as efficient as a lobby, thank you for trying.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts