keeps disconnecting

cluck

Posted 28 February 2019 - 6:54 am
hi i keep disconnecting from the voobly lobby im in. not the individual rooms for games but the lobby where it displays all the games in progress and waiting for players etc. this happens alot when im not in a game and it only happens in game to me when one of the other player drops off. but it always definitly happens to me when another player drops which means if one player drops i drop as well. this is very annoying and i need help to fix it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 28 February 2019 - 8:07 am
Hi.

You'll need to do a network diagnostics.
For that, go to your lobby. Above-left, click on Options->Network Diagnostics.
Click begin scan.
Screenshot it and upload it here : [You must login to view link] | Or you can copy/paste the results there.

Link | Reply | Quote
 cluck

Posted 28 February 2019 - 8:12 am
Starting networking diagnostics...

Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 1' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Test Result: All Pass
Network Health: All tests passed
Recommended Action: None
Details: All tests passed.

For help understanding this report or for more information go to http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/177#Network_Diagnostic_Tool.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 28 February 2019 - 9:31 am
Alright. Did you already forward the 16000 UDP port in your router ?

Link | Reply | Quote
 cluck

Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:16 am
i dont have access to the router. the internet at my place is owned by the landlord(which is not me).
Link | Reply | Quote
 cluck

Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:17 am
is there any other way to fix it? maybe its my antivirus?
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:28 am
First, please configure your firewall as followed :

https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1035+How+to+configure+Windows+Firewall+to+play+on+Voobly
Make sure to follow all steps.

Then add Voobly in exceptions to your antivirus.

About network issues while you're playing, you'll have to necessarly forward the 16000 UDP port to your computer. You can ask the owner of the router to do so, but there is no way that you can do unless it's via the router you're connected in.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts