About smurf accounts

[Arcano]lautreamont_

Posted 3 March 2019 - 1:31 pm
I think it's time for Voobly to use a lot more restrictions for the creation of smurf accounts. Smurf accounts are a way to play in troll mode against lower rated players. Voobly should use restrictions as they are used in other internet spaces such as email confirmations, given that currently for the creation of an account it is not necessary to confirm a real email, or even cell phone numbers. There is currently a big problem with smurf players that enter team games of levels 14+ 15+ and 16+ being 18+, it is true that there is always the option of financially supporting the platform with a premium account as we do many of us, but I think that a discussion on this topic should be considered. Greetings and live voobly!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Use_The_Lake

Posted 3 March 2019 - 3:43 pm
This problem gets raised over and over again and nothing happens. The guys at Voobly don't care.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +james@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 3 March 2019 - 6:38 pm
Report these users who deliberately join lower rated games to troll.

We aren't going to prohibit players from making new accounts, so reporting them is your best bet.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Use_The_Lake

Posted 3 March 2019 - 9:37 pm
But what you could do is introduce email verification. If you make a new account, you don't even need a real email address.

You guys are getting so complacent with this site.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Arcano]lautreamont_

Posted 3 March 2019 - 10:17 pm
The problem is that it is not about reporting trolls to players, because it is impossible, given that the facilities that voobly gives for the creation of smurf accounts makes trolls an everyday practice, and that all players in one way or another , in a map or another carry out this practice. It also happens that if we were to report accounts, something that would be unfeasible, we would denounce smurfs accounts, since we can only see the aka of the account with the highest score and not the name of the accounts of these players. In order there is always the option of premium accounts, but I take this post to mention that I know many cases of people who have smurf accounts and having akas very high in other accounts does not appear, and this happens with many accounts. In addition to people who offer as a service sell a smurf account or upload the score, which I guess voobly knows very well, since they offer their services by sending messages to you privately through voobly and that you can see. They are practices that do not make fair play but that is another issue. It is only a recommendation in this case about smurf, nothing more, greetings.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MMO_Executioner

Edited 4 March 2019 - 3:10 pm by MMO_Executioner
Voobly will never stop s murf accts. due to the fact that all the mods have s murf accts. gg
Link | Reply | Quote
 SiegeEngine

Posted 4 March 2019 - 3:32 pm
It's a free server and monitoring smurfs would be a royal pain in the ass. If it wasn't a free server however then that's a different issue.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Arcano]lautreamont_

Edited 4 March 2019 - 5:08 pm by [Arcano]lautreamont_
Well, what the voobly representative who writes above is really saying is that the solution to the problem that I am proposing here is that I denounce all the smurf accounts that come to trolling in games of much lower rate. What evidently does not solve anything, since nobody has the time to be opening a forum and denouncing accounts that these users can create with all the facilities that the platform grants. They are not about to solve this problem, they do not even consider it, when it would be solved with two simple measures:
1) Ask for confirmations of real e-mail accounts.
2) Publish together with the aka scores that we can see as part of the benefits of the premium accounts, the name of the main account of these players, so that the reports are to real accounts, and not to smurf accounts.

Therefore the platform has no interest in solving this that affects new players as always, since if a series of players of 15+ rate enter to play a Black Forest and meet with only one player per game troll with real rate 18 +, what it does is and abandoning the game, because the troll player ruins the game by the difference in level it has with respect to the other players.

And my best bet, JAMES, so you know, is about the answer you give as a representative of voobly, evaluate not renew any of my premium accounts, which as you should know I have several, which expire in mid-June, therefore Do not continue to support voobly, given that it does not defend the fair play and transparency of its players.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 4 March 2019 - 9:27 pm
And my best bet, JAMES, so you know, is about the answer you give as a representative of voobly, evaluate not renew any of my premium accounts, which as you should know I have several, which expire in mid-June, therefore Do not continue to support voobly, given that it does not defend the fair play and transparency of its players.

Prem membership probably still goes only towards elusive aka the guy that been inactive for the last 5 years but you still been supporting him 11
Link | Reply | Quote
 +james@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 4 March 2019 - 11:59 pm by +james@voobly
2) Publish together with the aka scores that we can see as part of the benefits of the premium accounts, the name of the main account of these players, so that the reports are to real accounts, and not to smurf accounts.

1) This does not solve the problem. It takes 25 seconds to create a new email. Even then, most people have several emails.

2) We cannot reveal the names of smurf accounts as it breaches privacy laws and regulations.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Arcano]lautreamont_

Posted 5 March 2019 - 12:13 am
1) Currently, almost all email servers require a telephone number as confirmation, so it is not that simple to create many email accounts.
2) The issue is that it violates more the rules, violate the privacy of a smurf account by showing players with premium accounts the main account to be able to report in trolley cases their main accounts and not their smurf, or a possible privacy violation What does it do other than to encourage players to have numerous accounts?

In any case I appreciate your response, now if this last one is more detailed, I understand that the voobly policy selects it voobly according to your own criteria, but as a client you wanted to leave a problem that we have many players of initial rate in medieval, that could be solved creating a special benefit for some kind of premium account, that if it were an exclusive benefit platinum for example, many would not hesitate to collaborate with the platform with that type of accounts in concrete.

Again, thanks for the response, let's hope that in the future you can find a solution to this.

Attentive greeting
Link | Reply | Quote
 +james@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 5 March 2019 - 2:08 am
1) Currently, almost all email servers require a telephone number as confirmation, so it is not that simple to create many email accounts.
2) The issue is that it violates more the rules, violate the privacy of a smurf account by showing players with premium accounts the main account to be able to report in trolley cases their main accounts and not their smurf, or a possible privacy violation What does it do other than to encourage players to have numerous accounts?

In any case I appreciate your response, now if this last one is more detailed, I understand that the voobly policy selects it voobly according to your own criteria, but as a client you wanted to leave a problem that we have many players of initial rate in medieval, that could be solved creating a special benefit for some kind of premium account, that if it were an exclusive benefit platinum for example, many would not hesitate to collaborate with the platform with that type of accounts in concrete.

Again, thanks for the response, let's hope that in the future you can find a solution to this.

Attentive greeting

1) This is false. They only require a telephone number for extra security measures. It is completely optional.
2) You don't need to have the name of the main account. WE have the name of the account and can take care of the problem.

We don't encourage smurfs, but we also don't prohibit them. If some one wants to make a secondary account, they are free to do so. As long as they are not doing it to bash on bad players, then we see no issue with it. If you see this happening, then feel free to report them, otherwise we won't know it's happening.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _ChyJo

Posted 5 March 2019 - 7:21 pm
Anothier thing is that these Smurfs players never admit that they are, so we have no proof that they are asmurfing to report them, im 15++ and sometimes i play against a 14+ and his power is like a 17++ and wins me easly and i lost a lot of hard earned points, i ask them why they are smurfing and they only says hahahaha im 14+ believe me :D and laught , that is unrespectful and unfair...
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Arcano]lautreamont_

Posted 5 March 2019 - 8:43 pm
Of course yes, this system as it is currently voobly is designed so that anyone who has a few years in the game and has a level of 17+ or 18+ can enter and have fun at any room with new players. After a while of experience you detect within the same game who is and who is not smurf, but from a platform that tolerates that the same stremers, who are the reference players, carry out different series with smurf accounts, just to mention some I have personally looked at TaToh and Mbl, and where a large part of the players are complices watching and enjoying this show, we can not expect serious measures to be taken that can solve the problem. A premium account is not a solution either, because I have verified in my own experience that it does not allow to see the aka of all the players, and also I have participated in many TG where I warn the host that there is someone with a high aka and end up paying attention Ignore, therefore it seems an issue without solution.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ggitired

Posted 5 March 2019 - 10:02 pm

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 29 posts