About smurf accounts

hassan

Posted 5 March 2019 - 10:26 pm
_ChyJo wrote:
Anothier thing is that these Smurfs players never admit that they are, so we have no proof that they are asmurfing to report them, im 15++ and sometimes i play against a 14+ and his power is like a 17++ and wins me easly and i lost a lot of hard earned points, i ask them why they are smurfing and they only says hahahaha im 14+ believe me :D and laught , that is unrespectful and unfair...
+james@voobly wrote:
2) You don't need to have the name of the main account. WE have the name of the account and can take care of the problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 obi11

Posted 6 March 2019 - 2:11 am
Basically lame excuses to not address a real issue within the community.

wp
Link | Reply | Quote
 Use_The_Lake

Posted 6 March 2019 - 9:18 am
Yup, in other words, admins are comfortable, don't have to do much and can't be bothered. Seems to be what happens with every sensible suggestion.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Arcano]lautreamont_

Posted 6 March 2019 - 3:59 pm
It does not happen with every suggestion, here we have just a week ago where the voobly managers showed that they have authority over the normal users like who opened this post, but that in front of the stremers they have nothing to do, when they get a new code of conduct that just demands to put a logo in the transmissions and they make a move against it, then magically the post of the new code of conduct disappears. Here voobly showed that it is easy to ignore complaints from ordinary users, but that this is done to transmit a power that does not have, because in front of a proposal as sensible as solving a problem that is real as that of smurf accounts, they do not have time, nevertheless their power, their lack of power, is evident when they do not have the strength to defend their platform in front of some boys who dedicate themselves to transmit the game from it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +james@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 March 2019 - 4:52 pm
I don't see any excuses here. I raised up points how the suggestions don't solve the problem of being bashed by "smurfs." I countered the suggestions by asking you to report these players so we can take care of them. I get replies implying laziness to report and get thrown the same lackluster suggestions again that don't solve the issue.

Instead of calling us lazy and comfortable, be proactive and report these players ruining your games so we can actually solve the problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Arcano]lautreamont_

Posted 6 March 2019 - 5:29 pm
I do not know if you do not understand, nobody is going to report or report smurf accounts, it does not make sense, the complaints and the next day these players become new 10 if they wish, the suggestion we give is that they provide along with the aka senior account, as a privilege for premium accounts, the nick of the main account of these players, this is a proactive recommendation, however you tell us that they take care of the privacy policy of these players, but do not take care of good fair play. If they provide the main accounts of these troll players, it is infinitely more beneficial, because we all take care of our main accounts, and in our main accounts we are not anonymous, for example if I had opened this topic with a smurf account I could say any kind of things out of place, however as I am with my main account, I am not anonymous, but for me, as for many players this is a complex enough issue to denounce with my main account. What you have exposed are excuses, because they have no intention of solving this issue, you have written it in your first intervention.

RECOMMENDATION, PROACTIVE SUGGESTION: it goes in uppercase so that it is clear in case you do not understand it.

1) Provide the nickname of the main account as a benefit of the premium accounts so that the main accounts can be reported and not the smurf of the troll players.

2) Ask for confirmations of real email accounts, not as in the present where the facilities that allow allows me to create an account by providing email addresses that the following: "[You must login to view link]".
Link | Reply | Quote
 Use_The_Lake

Posted 6 March 2019 - 6:10 pm
Address the issue at source and introduce email verification. I just don't get how you can't see that this is a problem that needs to be addressed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Edited 6 March 2019 - 6:24 pm by [xCs]PLO_Style
+james@voobly wrote:
I don't see any excuses here. I raised up points how the suggestions don't solve the problem of being bashed by "smurfs." I countered the suggestions by asking you to report these players so we can take care of them. I get replies implying laziness to report and get thrown the same lackluster suggestions again that don't solve the issue.

Instead of calling us lazy and comfortable, be proactive and report these players ruining your games so we can actually solve the problem.

Do you understand how governance works? You can never fault society (aka your player base). Governance is the strongest influence on society so if we don't report smurfs, it's not because we are lazy. It's because you (government) are doing something wrong.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]SaitoHajime

Posted 6 March 2019 - 8:23 pm
Just report them...
No one can stop smurf accounts.
It keeps voobly alive...
Link | Reply | Quote
 +james@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 March 2019 - 8:53 pm
Do you understand how governance works? You can never fault society (aka your player base). Governance is the strongest influence on society so if we don't report smurfs, it's not because we are lazy. It's because you (government) are doing something wrong.

I'll use your example.

1) We are not faulting "society." We are faulting no one.

2) "Governments" don't have a solution for every problem. They work with priorities and costs. They do their best with what they've got. Theory is not reality. "Governments" have limited resources and are bound by constraints.

3) "Society" ought to do what's best for "society." "Society" needs to report wrongdoing in order to protect themselves and their neighbours from future wrongdoing.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 6 March 2019 - 9:08 pm
As a person with over 500+ smurf accounts i can confirm that i would never created that amount of smurf accounts if there was any type of email confirmation involved and it amaze me how something so simple is still not added to this day
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Edited 6 March 2019 - 10:44 pm by [xCs]PLO_Style
+james@voobly wrote:
I'll use your example.

1) We are not faulting "society." We are faulting no one.

2) "Governments" don't have a solution for every problem. They work with priorities and costs. They do their best with what they've got. Theory is not reality. "Governments" have limited resources and are bound by constraints.

3) "Society" ought to do what's best for "society." "Society" needs to report wrongdoing in order to protect themselves and their neighbours from future wrongdoing.

Lmao you're an ****. You just told someone to be proactive and report them. That refutes point #1. Point #2: unless we are talking about rocket science problems, then you're wrong. Especially such a simple problem as minimizing (not stopping altogether) smurfs, there is definitely a solution (read above). ****ing liar. Point #3: Society naturally does what's best for society and that is what we are doing now, which isn't enough.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Arcano]lautreamont_

Posted 6 March 2019 - 11:41 pm
I think there is no need to be disrespectful, and in any case I think that the position of the representative of the platform, which I suppose will be the position of voobly in general, on this matter, has become clear. For my part I give it for closed. Greetings.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +james@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 7 March 2019 - 3:27 am by +james@voobly
E-mail confirmation might be something to look into.

However, this doesn't solve the problem. If you want these smurfs who purposely troll and bash players punished, then please report them. Otherwise, we won't know it's happening.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 29 out of 29 posts