Errors during installation

PanCs_Darg

Edited 7 March 2019 - 2:17 am by PanCs_Darg
Hello,

I'm having this error message : [You must login to view link]

Then once I select the Voobly executable, I get this : [You must login to view link]

I tried to properly clean my system and remove anything voobly related, redownloaded the voobly client and started again but I keep getting the same results.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PanCs_Darg

Posted 7 March 2019 - 4:52 am
Sorted that out, had to point out where my steam folder was. Now I'm having some freezes while I play
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 7 March 2019 - 10:17 am
Hi.

Please follow this guide in order to install your Age2HD game correctly :

https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
Make sure you follow all steps.

Link | Reply | Quote
 PanCs_Darg

Edited 7 March 2019 - 12:36 pm by PanCs_Darg
Thank you. Have you an idea to sort out the random freezes I have while I play?

I'm not entirely sure but my issue sound abit like this one : https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/284096
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 March 2019 - 5:21 pm
Please ensure that your game room settings are exactly like this:
[You must login to view link]
You can verify this by hosting a game room in any lobby

If the problem persists, please write back with the following details:

1. How frequently do you experience the lag. Is it every few seconds or just completely random?
2. Before you start the game, do you notice any players with a fast proxy warning in your game room?
3. Are you using any data or visual mod in your game room? Have you tried to run the game without any data or visual mods?
4. Do you experience the lag while playing offline?
5. What is your native desktop resolution?
Link | Reply | Quote
 PanCs_Darg

Edited 8 March 2019 - 3:01 am by PanCs_Darg
settings should be as shown above.

1. every few seconds
2. i think there was one. but it felt like i was dropping frames at particular places, like the menus in the corner or the settings.
3. i wasn't no
4. no i never experienced such frames issues before
5. 1920x1080

i can provide some video footage if you want to give a look by yourself
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 8 March 2019 - 8:24 am
I have checked the twitch footage and it seems to be fine.

Frame rate lags are normal though mid game when playing multiplayer but it does not seem to be as bad (atleast in the footage i see). Eitherway frame rate lags are caused by your system reaching your hardware limits (ram, CPU, Disk and in some cases the bandwidth too). The lack of a dedicated GPU can also be a factor especially with older generation CPUs.

Check your frame rate mid game (alt F5) when you feel the lag and see if it's dropping critically low.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PanCs_Darg

Edited 12 March 2019 - 3:48 pm by PanCs_Darg
I have 16GB DDR3 1600mhz RAM
GTX 1060 6GB
I5 3570K
500 download / 200 upload
and voobly is installed on ssd.

ALT F5 doesn't seems to work for me
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 13 March 2019 - 1:52 pm by kitt
hi
are you saying your uplink is only 200mbs and down link is 500mbs?
if so thats extremely slow.
assuming the above figures:
switch off the pc and modem/router. wait a min two. reconnect the modem/router and wait for the lights to firm up. switch off again. do that two/three times. that should force your connection to resync at the exchange, assuming its dsl.
it may take a while to improve.

if you get no improvement you will need to talk to the isp about your connection and get them to check

you may find there are some apps/tests you can find on line from the main phone line company to accurately test for line speed, faults etc.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PanCs_Darg

Posted 14 March 2019 - 5:12 pm
we might have misunderstood each other, because as far as i know, it's relatively fast internet. it's fiber.
[You must login to view link]
something related to my system or eventually the hardware could cause these frames issues i guess.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:49 pm
hi
yes i would say so.
nothing wrong with your pc specs or connection. are you using the cd or steam version?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 11 out of 11 posts