Keeps Dropping

[INDO_AOE]tepanaca

Posted 19 April 2019 - 7:58 am
Hi everyone, I'm new to Voobly and online AoC gameplay. I had never played the game online before. Recently I started playing online with Voobly but I got really annoyed by always getting disconnected, despite my good internet connection. I really need someone's help to solve this problem.

Here's an error sample which pops up every several minutes:
Network Connection Error [Code: 10000001]. Connection errors are typically caused by a temporary server outage, a firewall, or a problem with your internet connection. If it's been a long time since you've connected to Voobly it's recommended that you redownload the client from the website.

And also, I got disconnected in the game itself after several minutes and when I checked the room, first I lost my connection via NAT Transversal, then simultaneously via fast and slow proxy, then I got the error: failure peer check.

Things I have tried to solve this problem are allowing voobly and AoC through the firewall (I am using Win10), setting a static IP, and then port forwarding my router as what people in voobly always recommends. I put an attachment to show my configuration (my router is HG8245A).

Network Diagnostics Tool shows that everything is fine:

Starting networking diagnostics...

Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 1' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Test Result: All Pass
Network Health: All tests passed
Recommended Action: None
Details: All tests passed.

However, the disconnection is still there. I really appreciate if you could help me.
Attachments:
port forward.png (file size: 67.51 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 finally_free_

Edited 19 April 2019 - 9:33 am by finally_free_
Hi mate,

1) Make sure you disabled the UPnP on your modem.
2) In case you have an antivirus, make sure you add voobly, game and expansions in the exceptions(.exe, not the folders).
3) Please upload the screenshot of your static IP settings.
4) Please upload the screenshot of your ipconfig page from prompt.
5) Make sure your running the .exe in "run as administrator": https://support.voobly.com/download/attachments/360501/image2014-1-19%2017%3A4%3A28.png?version=1&modificationDate=1390147551000&api=v2
6) Make sure in your room game settings, you have the settings like this, in the image there is a 29000, but you have to write there 16000: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1067+NAT+Traversal
7) Open the command prompt and write "ipconfig /flushdns", then press enter.
8 ) Please follow this guide as well: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1039+Configuration+of+Data+Execution+Prevention
9) You using a desktop pc or a laptop?
10) How your pc is connected to internet?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [INDO_AOE]tepanaca

Edited 19 April 2019 - 11:44 am by [INDO_AOE]tepanaca
Hi mate,

1) Make sure you disabled the UPnP on your modem.
2) In case you have an antivirus, make sure you add voobly, game and expansions in the exceptions(.exe, not the folders).
3) Please upload the screenshot of your static IP settings.
4) Please upload the screenshot of your ipconfig page from prompt.
5) Make sure your running the .exe in "run as administrator": https://support.voobly.com/download/attachments/360501/image2014-1-19%2017%3A4%3A28.png?version=1&modificationDate=1390147551000&api=v2
6) Make sure in your room game settings, you have the settings like this, in the image there is a 29000, but you have to write there 16000: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1067+NAT+Traversal
7) Open the command prompt and write "ipconfig /flushdns", then press enter.
8 ) Please follow this guide as well: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1039+Configuration+of+Data+Execution+Prevention
9) You using a desktop pc or a laptop?
10) How your pc is connected to internet?

Dear Raffaele, thank you for your quick response.
1) It is disabled.
2) I only have windows defender and I had just added the exceptions. Before this, I only added the exceptions for the folders as you mentioned.
3) and 4) Attached.
5), 7) and 8 ) I had just done what you mentioned.
6) The settings are correct.
9) I am using a Windows 10 laptop. To be precise, my laptop is Asus TP410UA.
10) My pc is connected to the internet using wi-fi. I know this may disturb the connection, however, there seems to be no problem playing other online games.

Thank you, and I'll try it after applying your suggestion.

Edit: After applying those, though, there is no result, I still got dropped out of the games and voobly client. Tried disabling windows defender and firewall, no result either :(
Attachments:
ipconfig.png (file size: 24.27 KB)
ipv4.png (file size: 85.92 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 finally_free_

Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:54 pm
Follow this ---> https://www.voobly.com/pages/view/1623 disable it first, restart your computer, enable it again and restart for the last time.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [INDO_AOE]tepanaca

Posted 19 April 2019 - 3:56 pm
Follow this ---> https://www.voobly.com/pages/view/1623 disable it first, restart your computer, enable it again and restart for the last time.

I tried this, but it was not working. OMG I'm really frustrated, I have ruined several RM - Beginners games with my disconnections ;sadblush
Link | Reply | Quote
 finally_free_

Edited 19 April 2019 - 11:08 pm by kitt
You could try to disable the firewall and the antivirus then try to test it to see if you still getting disconnections and drops, and in case you still having issues, try to connect your laptop to internet with a lan cable and test it again.
use this free app and see if 16000udp is really open: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [INDO_AOE]tepanaca

Posted 21 April 2019 - 6:39 pm
I have discovered the probable cause of these disconnections. I recently tried playing with my mobile tethering without configuring anything. Although it was so slow and mostly my game went through fast and slow proxy, I didn't experience the disconnections. I struggled to control my units but I wasn't dropped at all although sometimes I felt I was going to get dropped (it froze many times!)

So, there might be a problem with my router or ISP, though I strongly believes the former is responsible.

Could you guys recommend me things I should do? I do think that with my router once I lost the connection with other players, I could not get the connection back, while it's a different case with mobile tethering. Is there something I can do about this? Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 22 April 2019 - 2:28 pm by kitt
hi
do this and report: use this free app and see if 16000udp is really open: [You must login to view link]
are you using just win defender or do you have another firewall or/and a anti-virus? what are they?
is the router firewall set to default, not been altered?
on the router check only port 16000udp is set.
unplug the router, wait a couple mins. then replug it. check your forwarding is still ok then try.
is this router a modem as well? or is there a separate modem?
using task manager or ccleaner, see what starts at pc boot. only the anti-virus is needed.

does the game run ok completely off of voobly?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [INDO_AOE]tepanaca

Posted 23 April 2019 - 11:26 am
kitt wrote:
hi
do this and report: use this free app and see if 16000udp is really open: [You must login to view link]
are you using just win defender or do you have another firewall or/and a anti-virus? what are they?
is the router firewall set to default, not been altered?
on the router check only port 16000udp is set.
unplug the router, wait a couple mins. then replug it. check your forwarding is still ok then try.
is this router a modem as well? or is there a separate modem?
using task manager or ccleaner, see what starts at pc boot. only the anti-virus is needed.

does the game run ok completely off of voobly?

Dear kitt,

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, it turns out that I configured the port forwarding mistakenly. Using that tool, I found out that the port was closed and now I have reconfigured it and my game runs very smoothly!

Thank you so much for the support here at Voobly Forum. Highly appreciate it!
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 23 April 2019 - 12:39 pm
hi
ok
have fun
raffaele_vtech/kitt

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts