Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > high CPU temp when aoe2 through voobly at single player menu

high CPU temp when aoe2 through voobly at single player menu

xThomas

Edited 11 May 2019 - 10:21 pm by xThomas
i tried 32-bit and 8-bit, directX settings, resolution, desktop and in a window, turning off anti cheat, putting some userpatch settings like low environment and disable weather

when i launch aoe2 thru boobly it just eats all my cpu. even tried in single player mode, just at the title screen its making my cpu hot

all four cores show their max utilization was 100% when i looked, which i dont understan since aoe2 was single threaded last i checked

hwmonitor could be inaccurate, but why my offline installation works much much better

max temp around half an hour playing vs some ai in offline installation of wk.exe

79C

temp after launching aoe2 in voobly aingle player mode already climbs

then sitting in lobby screen where you choose team and civs

84C

whats causing this?

i notice that aoe2 launch with voobly says it cannot do directplay. could that cause it? i checked my programs&features but directplay was enabled there. idk..

endnotes

i know that my cpu shouldn't reach those temps, but its an all in one Hp, im not sure i can pry it apart (actual instructions in manual say to 'pry it', presumably with your fingers') without damaging the machine

anyway, aoe2 offline = fun. aoe2 voobly = cpu hog. but i can at least avoid running programs that hog cpu

Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 11 May 2019 - 10:34 pm
Hi.

First, can you please describe us the specs of your computer ? (CPU, RAM, graphic card etc.)

Second, about the DirectPlay issue, please disable it, restart your computer, renable it, and then restart again your computer.

Link | Reply | Quote
 xThomas

Edited 28 May 2019 - 7:21 am by xThomas
EDIT

Reinstalled Voobly, ran aoe2tools directdraw fix, now i dont get the directdraw error anymore as far as ive seen

the overheating seems to have simply been the graphics, because its amd apu with r5 graphics, and the computer is an all in one. ill just disable the gpu usage maybe

editedit

disregard what i wrote

closing this topic because my computer needs to be taken apart anyway, and drivers rolled back or whatever

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts