How to spectate an AI vs AI match

Lauden

Posted 23 June 2019 - 3:13 pm
How can you spectate an Ai vs AI match?

*real* new to voobly, but been playing AoE2 a few months now

I don't really understand how to set up an AI vs AI match, and then spectate it? I can make a match, resign and view from there, but is there not a way to use the spectator feature to just view the AI?

Feel like I'm missing something fairly obvious, so all replies are appreciated!

I'm on patch v1.5RC

Spectator setting- players can join as spectators, players can control whether they are spectators, and allow spectators to join after launch -- all on.

Once I've started the game, there's no way for me to set myself as AI either (the little drop-down box isn't there)

Thanks !
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 23 June 2019 - 6:29 pm
You cannot set yourself as an AI in Multiplayer, that only works in Singleplayer. To start a game in SP mode you can select that option under "Game" in the top menu bar of the game room.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Lauden

Posted 25 June 2019 - 2:42 am
Thanks for the info, but this doesn't answer my original question

How can i get the spectator overlay (unit spy, fog of war, view lock etc...) on an AI game I'm hosting

If i set myself as AI on single player, i only share control with the AI, I have no access to the above options (ctrl-shift F1/2/3 etc... do work though.

I've read around, my spectator mode is set to"S0" (disabled). Is this something that will affect it?

So, In summary: what exactly do i need to do to spectate an AI game that I'm hosting on Voobly?

Thanks !!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 25 June 2019 - 9:55 am
Sorry, that wasn't clear from the OP.
You can't directly use the spectator overlay in SP games. You can of course watch back the recording later with it enabled.
Alternatively, you can use an offline installation of Userpatch ( [You must login to view link] ), which offers a sort of minimal spec overlay giving you the most important infos (villager, military numbers, resources, researches etc.)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts