Disable auto-join

[TakeELO]ImTakingYourELO

Posted 29 July 2019 - 10:17 pm
Hey guys,

I wondering is there a way I can disable auto-join after the host launchs the game?
It usually just send me to campaign menu and it is quite annoying.

Thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +BlackAdder_

Posted 30 July 2019 - 8:50 pm
Hey,

You can put in Start at Single Player Menu from the Game Room "Game" menu, that will launch you into the main screen from which you can navigate into LAN, and since it doesn't have the automatic mouse movements and clicks, it shouldn't result into any fails.

Otherwise when the game is launching, you should stay focused on the game room and not Alt+Tab or be browsing web, etc., that should help minimise the campaign launches (as you seem to indicate yourself when you're joining on your own, ergo having Voobly focused, it goes fine). There's an initial countdown to launch with a message pop-up letting you know to get ready.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TakeELO]ImTakingYourELO

Edited 30 July 2019 - 10:11 pm by [TakeELO]ImTakingYourELO
+BlackAdder_ wrote:
You can put in Start at Single Player Menu from the Game Room "Game" menu, that will launch you into the main screen from which you can navigate into LAN, and since it doesn't have the automatic mouse movements and clicks, it shouldn't result into any fails.

This is a bit confusing, I did not understand, sorry.

So, I can't disable auto-join? Isn't there a file I can delete or edit to remove it?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +BlackAdder_

Posted 1 August 2019 - 4:39 pm
You cannot disable auto-join, that's on-purpose feature as the client assumes people are active and ready to play the game when they join a game room (you also get a clear prompt when the game is being launched to help you put Voobly in focus to avoid the mislaunches), but you can prevent the automatic navigation in the game that is failing for you by "Start at Single Player Menu" - that way the game auto-launches to the base menu and you're not stuck in case it doesn't work properly (you then have to navigate manually into the game's LAN).

Best course of action though is to simply have the Voobly Game Room window focused when the game is being launched and wait for it to properly launch.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts