Game dataset

TrueID

Posted 29 December 2019 - 8:49 pm
Is there a way to play a scenario on voobly with a game dataset? Wanted to host a GOT overhaul game with spectators and sadly it's not possible on HD and i thought voobly would be a good shout.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 30 December 2019 - 12:25 am
I am not entirely sure if I understand your question. When playing on Voobly you can only use Voobly-Supported data mods. Players can also spectate the game if they also have the mod installed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 TrueID

Posted 30 December 2019 - 1:32 am
Okay so with data set i meant the one in the HD version. It can be set when creating the game ( [You must login to view link] ) and when in the lobby ( [You must login to view link] ). Is there anyway to bring that data set to a voobly game? And i encountered another problem, is there a tool that can convert a HD scenario to a voobly one ( from .aoe2scenario to .scx i believe ) because every time i select the scenario in the voobly in game lobby my game freezes. I did read about this and the cause could be if there are some objects in the scenario that are in HD but not voobly. Is there any way around this?
Link | Reply | Quote
 TrueID

Posted 30 December 2019 - 1:36 am
The data set basically allows the farms to be 2x2 and not 3x3 and little things like that i believe.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 30 December 2019 - 6:47 pm by +eric@voobly
Here is how to use a data mod on Voobly:

1. Download a data mod from Voobly Mod Center.
2. Open up "Settings" in the game room
3. Select the mod you wish to play, Userpatch v1.5RC and press launch
4. In multiplayer menu, select "Custom" (Which is = Data Set)
5. Select your mod under the "Scenario" tab.
6. Start the game

Voobly data mods does not work on AoEHD and vise versa. I don't think there are exceptions or workarounds, in case you have a mod request my suggestion is to speak with gallas@voobly.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts