Problems with sound and music

[MW']Dharma_

Posted 12 April 2020 - 9:07 pm
Hi,

After formatting windows, I started to have problems with sounds. Both sound and music don't start when the game on voobly starts (but they work totally fine when I open the game on steam).

The only way they work on voobly is when I press F6 (music start) and go out in the middle of the game (to windows) and come back to the game (sounds start).

The volumes are at the highest when I enter on single player on voobly.

I have reinstalled all (stem, ageHD and voobly) twice, following the links the support team gave me.

Also I have done what this website says ([You must login to view link]).

A friend told me to check if I have the drivers but I followed his instructions and in all occasions it says that I have already had all the drivers updated.

What can I do? The voobly team told me to write this here...

PS: I attach a script error that it appeared, if I don't remember wrongly, when I started a game on voobly on "single player"...

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:
Paint.jpg (file size: 591.07 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 finally_free_

Edited 13 April 2020 - 10:40 am by finally_free_
Hey mate,

This happen because the compatibility patch don't fix the AI, you need to download custom AI from our mod section that you can find Here :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MW']Dharma_

Posted 17 April 2020 - 7:03 pm
Hi, thanks.

I didn't get the connection btw the AI and the sounds not working when playing with other (real) players. Anyway, I downloaded that AI mod but I still have the same problem: no sound nor music when beginning an online game...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Posted 18 April 2020 - 4:49 am
Hello, Dharma_ we have tried everything in HR and also +raffaele_'s step and seems to still not be working. I will contact my Lead and see if they can suggest you possible answers.

Thank you for being patient throughout all this!

Cheers ;flowers
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MW']Dharma_

Posted 18 April 2020 - 11:36 pm
Thanks!

I think I might have discovered something! I have an ASUS laptop connected to an HP monitor, in the adapter (monitor-VGA to notebook-HDMI) there is also an input to connection the external speakers (which I use). I tried disconnecting the monitor and speakers and trying a single player match on voobly just with the laptop itself and the sounds works well! .

It's really strange though. I played a game with other voobly players (though it was not wololo) and I had sound from the beginning...

Now I am experimenting and there are strange patterns that I think are related to the adapter: for instance, I started an Allied vision game (without putting single player) just on my own with a machine and I had sound from the beginning. Then, using the same mod, I did the same but with single player menu and I had no sound anymore.

Also as I disconnected the monitor to try, I started a game with wololo (and the resolution was default in 800 I think) and I also had sound from the beginning. Then I changed the resolution to the recommended for the HP added monitor (1366x...) but I had no sound anymore...

I don't know what to do, I also tried connecting the external speakers directly to the notebook but I still have problems using that option...

Maybe the previous may help in some way.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MW']Dharma_

Posted 17 June 2020 - 9:58 pm
I have bought a new screen (which does not need VGA-HDMI adapter) and the sound problem finished...so, it seems it was a problem of the adapter.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Posted 18 June 2020 - 1:36 am
Hello.

Glad to hear that.

Regards. ;1hat

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts