Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > The AI does nothing in the game (AgeOfEmpire2 HD + 1.5v patch)

The AI does nothing in the game (AgeOfEmpire2 HD + 1.5v patch)

Gigio90

Edited 13 April 2020 - 6:12 pm by Gigio90
Hi guys,

I read few threads about this problem, but no fix till now.

Two friends and I were running a game with 3 AI, but the AI were not playing. They were sending their few villagers to kill some sheeps in the first minutes of the game and then just randomly exploring the map getting killed by animals. They didn't get resourches neither build something. They just stop playing after the first minutes of game.
This happened in every new game we launched and at any difficulty set (from easiest to hardest).

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thank you very much in advance to who could help us.

G.

(PS: The AI was correctly working in offline mode before applying the patch. After the patch has been applyed, it does not work anymore even in offline mode)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 13 April 2020 - 5:54 pm
Try this: https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/859/Ai-pack
Link | Reply | Quote
 Gigio90

Edited 13 April 2020 - 6:34 pm by Gigio90
Thank you for the quick response and for the help.
I tryed to download the barbarian pack and I extracted all the files and folder in the AI folder of the game.
(I've also downloaded the 1.5 betaR7 patch and installed it, cause I've seen an old post suggesting it)
I started a game with a computer AI and a Barbarian AI. The barbarian one worked fine, the computer one still did nothing.

Thank you very much. It seems that the customable AI works.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Posted 18 April 2020 - 4:33 am
Glad to hear it works! Thanks +chris@voobly. ;flowers

Enjoy your time here on Voobly.

Cheers!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Gigio90

Posted 18 April 2020 - 4:49 pm
Is this Barbarians AI more strong then the computer one?
My 2 friends and I have already run 2 games where we are the three of us vs just one AI and we got deleted everytime even if we set the easiest difficulty. I know we are just beginners, but the AI seems too way strong....
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Posted 18 April 2020 - 5:01 pm
Hello, Gigio90 as far as I know the normal AI is the easiest to play vs. However you can open the room to more players to help you guys defeat the AI!

Also you can find out and learn the game from Youtube, or any build order places like here: [You must login to view link]

Cheers! ;flowers
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']koandcul1

Posted 20 April 2020 - 5:03 pm
Gigio90 wrote:
Is this Barbarians AI more strong then the computer one?
My 2 friends and I have already run 2 games where we are the three of us vs just one AI and we got deleted everytime even if we set the easiest difficulty. I know we are just beginners, but the AI seems too way strong....
Probably barbarian ai is the strongest ai ever made, taking in consideration here that he can actually play all type of maps and mods (regicide, king of the hill, wonder race,...) , as well as random settings (feudal age start, high resources, ... ) .

This should be the default ai, the one that right now doesn't work for you and keeps running with villagers around the map . Link ->

[You must login to view link]

It was 'fixed'.

Enjoy !

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts