Community Forums > Voobly General > General Discussion / Off Topic > Voobly doesn't know how to spell titties & other censureship bullshit

Voobly doesn't know how to spell titties & other censureship bullshit

Sickle

Edited 21 September 2020 - 7:33 pm by Sickle
- Ti-ties is censored but titties is not :)
- Les-bian is banned? wtf? It's not a bad word, is this some ****phobic thingy?
- The word 'Sex-ist' is banned? wtf? It's important in AOE2 community that sexism can be called out.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sickle

Posted 21 September 2020 - 5:49 pm
Had to post it here cause in suggestions forum people cannot see and discuss/support it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [D_Angelz]451465338453

Posted 21 September 2020 - 5:54 pm
This is so true, arbitrary and nonsensical censorship! Why can't I write iden****??
Link | Reply | Quote
 0x720x610x66

Posted 21 September 2020 - 6:46 pm
You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 21 September 2020 - 7:40 pm
Then simply turn it off, if you don't like it: https://www.voobly.com/settings
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sickle

Edited 21 September 2020 - 8:35 pm by Sickle
Awesome it can be turned off, i'm gonna do that now, but these are still valid suggestions to improve the filter itself.
Link | Reply | Quote
 0x720x610x66

Posted 21 September 2020 - 8:35 pm
Sickle wrote:
I prefer to help you improve things instead of only thinking about myself.

(but awesome that you can turn it off, gonna do that now)

+1, that's the spirit all should have
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 22 September 2020 - 3:40 pm
A profanity filter must exist + enabled by default if you run a web site that is designed for individuals who are 13 years of age or older.

Fun fact: Microsoft had to do the same for DE and even added a profanity filter for in game-chats -- which you (officially) cannot turn off.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [New_ITA_]GorLeon

Posted 22 September 2020 - 4:10 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
Fun fact: Microsoft had to do the same for DE and even added a profanity filter for in game-chats -- which you (officially) cannot turn off.

True, and it must be admitted that they went way more far than Voobly. There's a lot of random words that become "****" on DE even though they may not even be considered actual insults. Topics about this get constantly created on their official forum: for example, [You must login to view link] is probably the most followed and [You must login to view link] is the most recent. Honestly, the Voobly filter is fine and you can turn it off if you don't like it anyway.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sickle

Posted 22 September 2020 - 7:09 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
A profanity filter must exist + enabled by default if you run a web site that is designed for individuals who are 13 years of age or older.

Yes but I made suggestions to improve the filter:
- not consider words like sexist or **** profanity, because they are not, and it's kind of offensive that they are treated as such.
- putting in the right spelling of titties.

I'm trying to be constructive here.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [D_Angelz]451465338453

Edited 23 September 2020 - 5:59 pm by [D_Angelz]451465338453
It's like the respondents didn't understand your concerns. Shame that you had to repeat yourself. Are we speaking english, or...?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 24 September 2020 - 12:29 pm
It's like the respondents didn't understand your concerns. Shame that you had to repeat yourself. Are we speaking english, or...?
Then please post it in the correct section of the forums. This is general discussion and you won't receive a response here. We avoid any public debates over such topics, because of the attitude of certain people.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sickle

Edited 24 September 2020 - 7:35 pm by Sickle
I also posted these suggestions in correct forum as well but they were ignored there, here at least there's some public pressure.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 25 September 2020 - 10:30 am by +chris@voobly
The profanity filter exists, so we can run a 13+ web site. There are no plans to improve the profanity filter at this time.
Sickle wrote:
at least there's some public pressure.
quod erat demonstrandum
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Walt_

Posted 25 September 2020 - 10:31 am
For one second I thought Voobly added In game chat filter like DE did.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 17 posts