Fast proxy

the_fammer

Posted 29 September 2020 - 8:37 pm
Hello,

I have started facing problem lately. After I join a game, I become fp to some players after some time. Its strange as I am connecting well at the start and after some time become fp to only few players. What can I do ? use vpn ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 30 September 2020 - 7:02 am by +sunny@voobly
Hello there,

Let's begin by answering the obvious question first.

Do not use a VPN. VPNs may or may not work and you may have a slightly higher success rate with them as far as a direct connection goes, but in most cases they are a huge pain as you compromise on your ping/ latency and more importantly, you risk sharing a ban with an abuser that may have used the same VPN to violate a Voobly policy.

If you have a direct connection to every player in your game room but you do see a fast proxy alert after a while, this could only mean that you have an unstable connection. If you are seeing a lot of players turning fp all of a sudden, chances are that you have (or had) lost your connection for a while. Relogging into Voobly is usually the best thing to do here. This is perfectly normal once in a while. However, if you find yourself to be surrounded by fast proxy warnings quite often or in every other game, then you may want to double-check your connection. A drop in connection or intermittent packet loss can be caused by a variety of reasons. Some of these include faulty cables, faulty router, old firmware on the router/ modem, weak wifi signal, bandwidth throttling, or congestion. Other factors involve problems with your ISP in which case you should talk to them once.

Side note: I would suggest you keep a ping window running to see if you are loosing packets while you are on Voobly. If this is a regular thing, the ping results should show you significant packet lossses which should be enough evidence for you to discuss it with your ISP or take other corrective actions.
Link | Reply | Quote
 the_fammer

Posted 30 September 2020 - 10:10 pm
Thanks Sunny. Please tell me what ping command to use in cmd.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 3 October 2020 - 7:03 pm
You can ping any website that you believe is less likely to go down. example: [You must login to view link]

==
ping [You must login to view link] -t
==

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts