Hi,
first I am sorry that I was lazy and did not search for more than 20 min if this was asked or explained before.
Second could we reset or create a new ladder 1vs1 and team games. It is really anoying that manny of the acounts on the ladder are quite dead. Not to mention probbaly 1200 acounts on 2000 Elo rating after the decay.
It is not that important issue, it works out fine as it is now, but it totaly gives a wrong idea about the current state of the ladder, number of players etc. Manny players (including me for some time) and not only top players left with the release of Aoe 2 DE. So could we just reset the ladder? And if not now why not at the end of this year?
From what I understand the ladder is in use since 2012 this is 8 year which is a very logng time period and as I mentioned dead accounts don't get removed.

Another suggestion would be to add a second form of decay that brings player down to 1600, the starting elo, but not as fast as down to 2000 like 25 points in every 4 months. I don't know if something like that would be possible, but it would be nice and a slow decay like this (you might tweak the number to your liking) won't mess with the players still playing. A player can even come back after a year passed easily and play almost balanced games.
Looking at the 1vs1 ladder losing and gaining elo is often in the range of 100 points so the suggestion should be fine.
And as mentioned you could also tweak the number of decay in the team game ladder as elo is more stable than in 1vs1 ladder.

I would love to get an answer concerning this topic even a short one or a link to the explanation of why not/ not now etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks for you kind attention

Nemo_Fulani