Voobly flagged as malware.

John_the_Late

Posted 11 August 2021 - 3:03 pm
When wanting to install the latest version, Windows Defender stopped the execution of the program.

I uploaded the file to Virustotal.com:
[You must login to view link]

1 of 69 flagged it positively, that is still 1 too many. Please fix whatever malware-like behaviour Voobly might use.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 11 August 2021 - 3:22 pm
Please read: https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/333898

It's a false positive. I will try to get in touch with them again and ask them to update their signatures. Thanks for the report.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 11 August 2021 - 3:51 pm
Please follow the steps below to clear cached detection and obtain the latest malware definitions.
  1. Open command prompt as administrator and change directory to c:\Program Files\Windows Defender
  2. Run “MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures”
  3. Run "MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate"

There should be no detection anymore.
Link | Reply | Quote
 John_the_Late

Posted 11 August 2021 - 4:51 pm
Thanks for the information! Interesting that this arose in January already but I am getting the issue only now, after Voobly failed to update and I tried to do a clean install.

Following these commands sadly did not remove the Windows Defender popup issue. I hope this can be fixed soon. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 11 August 2021 - 8:33 pm
Could you please show me a screenshot of Windows Defender detecting Voobly client as Malware?

I tried on both Win 10 clients now, and besides the "no digital signature" message, Windows Defender does not seem to care about Voobly Client.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts