Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Expanding Fronts support

John_the_Late

Posted 11 August 2021 - 4:57 pm
Expanding Fronts is a big and popular mod for the game SWGB, which can be played on Voobly where it maintains a small, but constant community.
[You must login to view link]

Sadly, for the expansion to be useable on Voobly, some small adjustments are required that our coder (https://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123289067) cannot do on its own.

Would it be possible to get in touch, on whatever communications platform desired, so it can be discussed?

It would not take much, and it would be great to be able to play the mod on Voobly with all of its features instead of having to resort to other clients with inferior lobby systems and all that.

On behalf of the EF Dev team,
Regards :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 11 August 2021 - 6:14 pm
I am already in touch with him and also forwarded his request to our developer. I should ask Elusive again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 11 August 2021 - 8:35 pm
Requested Change for SWGB, just FYI:
Quote:
SWGB (Star Wars Galactic Battleground) should not be modified by the widescreen patch (they are in the current voobly version):
0x0046A920, 0x004A9411, 0x004BE147, 0x005F6757, 0x004290A8. Would it be possible to update the client to reflect these changes?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [SWG]_RvA_

Edited 12 August 2021 - 2:36 pm by [SWG]_RvA_
These changes would fix bugs in the current widescreen patch of Voobly, they are unrelated to EF support, and I've already implemented a workaround in the EXE Patch. Would still be nice to have them fixed, though.
The two major problems I've spotted so far is
1. EF modified DRS load list which conflicts with the Voobly Data Mod interface which modifies it on its own.
2. Language INI string modifications do not seem to be supported for SWGB on Voobly mod framework side.
Perhaps there might be something else.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 12 August 2021 - 3:40 pm
Do you want us to remove the Voobly widescreen vom SWGB or what exactly do you need from us?

Have you tried using your mod center for custom DRS files?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [SWG]_RvA_

Edited 12 August 2021 - 9:03 pm by [SWG]_RvA_
The SWGB widescreen patch included in Voobly has the bugs I've mentioned earlier. There is no need to remove it, just fix the bugs.

EDIT: The mod framework seems to only let you replace existing DRS files, not add new ones / remove old ones.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 13 August 2021 - 10:24 am
I don't know about Star Wars but I do about AoC.
Are you saying that, when you program a new graphic on AGE and load a file with that number into de drs folder, then it's not displaged in game?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +mikael@voobly

Posted 13 August 2021 - 11:15 pm
hi any screen shot of widescreen bug please?
efpatch use this widescreen code?
did he resize slp interface into "data\\wide_p1.drs" or did use INTERFAC.drs?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [SWG]_RvA_

Posted 14 August 2021 - 3:14 pm
There is no "screenshot" of the bug because the bug is that the widescreen modifies parts of the game code unrelated to resolution system, resulting in crashes and out of syncs elsewhere.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 14 August 2021 - 7:44 pm
Could you please tell us, whether your game mod contains an own implementation of widescreen? e. g. the one Katsuie has linked above.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Icey

Edited 14 August 2021 - 7:53 pm by Icey
Should have had this done yesterday Chris

I love and appreciate you
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 15 August 2021 - 1:30 pm
We are willing to update our client, so you guys can play Expanding Fronts (EF) on Voobly, but there are a couple of things we need to know beforehand.

Which game is affected, SWGB or SWGB Clone Campaigns? Or do we have to create a third game, called SWGB Expanding Fronts?

Please also answer the questions raised by Katsuie:
hi any screen shot of widescreen bug please?
efpatch use this widescreen code?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +mikael@voobly

Posted 15 August 2021 - 7:57 pm
why set a second widescreen on voobly when you know it have already widescreen patch?
why write injection in same sector than userpatch resulting in crashes and out of syncs elsewhere.?
you have abity to fix that, people who made those patch on voobly leave for some moth or for some of them will never come back.
if you want extention on voobly you need to fix it or make a choise compile patch without widescreen and use voobly widescreen.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [SWG]_RvA_

Edited 16 August 2021 - 10:18 am by [SWG]_RvA_
Quote:
Could you please tell us, whether your game mod contains an own implementation of widescreen?
Quote:
Yes, [You must login to view link] linked above is my implementation of widescreen in EF. All newly created files are put into wide_p1.drs, and the loader modified to load the new DRS, original files remain intact.
However, Voobly widescreen can just as fine be used instead, however, it will need to be updated to support stretching new civs interface panels, and the bugs mentioned earlier fixed. I'll outline them again with more details:
0x0046A920 - erroneous shift of the recorded game interface
0x004A9411 - tile pathing property mask, not resolution (causes out of sync)
0x004BE147 - tile pathing property mask, not resolution (causes out of sync)
0x005F6757 - campaign scenario load, not resolution (causes crash when starting a campaign)
0x004290A8 - message id, not resolution
0x005068C0 - removes tech tree button handler (why has it been done at all? Is there some problem I'm not aware of?)
Quote:
Which game is affected, SWGB or SWGB Clone Campaigns?
Expanding Fronts is a mod for SWGB: Clone Campaigns. Vanilla SWGB is unaffected.

EDIT: I'll outline changes to DRS loading as well, so an optimal solution can be thought of:
Original SWGB:CC loads DRS files in this order:
Code:
sounds.drs sounds_x1.drs graphics.drs graphics_x1.drs terrain.drs terrain_x1.drs interfac.drs interfac_x1.drs gamedata_x1.drs
EF loads DRS files in this order:
Code:
sounds.drs sounds_x1.drs sounds_x2.drs graphics_p1.drs graphics_x1_p1.drs graphics_x2.drs terrain_p1.drs terrain_x1_p1.drs terrain_x2.drs wide_p1.drs (if widescreen is enabled) interfac_x2.drs interfac_p1.drs interfac_x1_p1.drs gamedata_x2.drs
EF changes the main graphics palette, so, in order to make original assets compatible, the _p1 drs files are created from the original files with the replaced color palette. The _x2 files are files that contain mod assets and are distributed with the mod.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +mikael@voobly

Posted 16 August 2021 - 11:05 am
can you try this overwrite interfac.drs instead to load in second time?
replaceinterfacedrs.PNG

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]23
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 36 posts