Voobly match making

kenbeimer

Posted 10 April 2022 - 10:59 am
I noticed a patern in the voobly match making. It keeps putting high rated players together in team games and same goes for low players. This creates unfair matches that end quickly. When my rating is low, I keep losing team games, but when my rating gets above 1200 or so, I keep getting teamed up with other high players and have many wins in a row, without actually doing something.

It ends up in angry people that demand me to be faster and dont understand how my rating is very high, in fast and boring matches and people that are stuck in low rating vs people that get a high rating without actually being good.

I play in the new player lobby, not sure if this also happens in the other lobby's. It's something that seems to just keep happening and its kind of frustration. Balancing teams isn't really that common there sadly. Did anyone else perhaps noticed this?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 10 April 2022 - 11:32 am
Voobly does not have match making systems. People enter game rooms on their own.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 10 April 2022 - 12:01 pm
It's also recommended to split teams if you allow players with higher rating to play.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kenbeimer

Posted 10 April 2022 - 1:33 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
It's also recommended to split teams if you allow players with higher rating to play.
Most of the time they prefer to go random, so the same stuff keeps happening.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 10 April 2022 - 2:59 pm
kenbeimer wrote:
Most of the time they prefer to go random, so the same stuff keeps happening.
It makes no sense to go full random in such a scenario. Either host the game yourself or convince the host to balance the teams. You guys are using the "Random Teams" feature in game, which has nothing to do with Voobly.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts