Voobly Mod Downloads

x0tek

Edited 20 April 2022 - 1:52 am by x0tek
I am attempting to play Age of Mythology: The Titans on Voobly.

However, whenever I attempt to install a mod or a patch via the Voobly client, I receive an error. The error is the same as the ones detailed in this thread:

https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/342376

In other words, it tells me that I have lost connection to the server, and that Voobly cannot find the game installation directory. After some time, it times out into a second screen, "Downloading update (unknown)..." which lasts until I close the window or hit reconnect.

When I then run game diagnostics, Voobly informs me that everything is fine - and indeed, I can play the game with other people. I played an unmodded game with someone to check. I just can't add any mods (including the community balance patches).

So far, I have tried:

Reinstalling the game clean.
Reinstalling Voobly clean.
Reinstalling the game & Voobly both at the same time.
Opening the "download mod" link in multiple web-browsers.
Manually changing the name of the AOM folder so that I have to re-select the game directory.

None have worked :)

I appreciate any help / direction someone could give me! Thank you so much ~
Link | Reply | Quote
 x0tek

Edited 20 April 2022 - 2:04 am by x0tek
I have found a solution, albeit a strange one.

I used a VPN to log into the platform, and that automatically installed the updates when I joined a lobby with a given mod. The region I used to connect was the Netherlands.

This is strange, and probably has something to do with certain IP / regions being blacklisted by Voobly unintentionally, or being bottlenecked somewhere and timed out. Anyway, cheers, I hope this helps someone :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 20 April 2022 - 11:35 am
I guess this is related to Cloudflare. Is it possible, that you are using a 3G / 4G / 5G connection?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts