Issue with game - downloading update (unknown)

xFreebird13

Posted 17 July 2022 - 3:25 pm
Hello,

I am having issues getting the game to work. I have all my files in the correct folder, the latest patch downloaded and run voobly as an administrator.

When I click of on Age of Mythology lobby I immediately am told "Lost connection to server" and then when I click reconnect I get a "Downloading Update (Unknown)" message that gets stuck and doesn't finish the update.

Does anyone have any insight into what could be the problem?

Thank you
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 July 2022 - 7:52 pm
Click Cancel Download and choose to download the update through your web browser.
Link | Reply | Quote
 xFreebird13

Posted 17 July 2022 - 8:35 pm
I did so then went to the voobly site and downloaded the aom1.03 update, but still have the same issue.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 17 July 2022 - 9:34 pm by +chris@voobly
No, this is the lobby update for AOT. You said that you are getting "Lost connection to server" when trying to enter the lobby and that your "Download update" becomes stuck. Click Cancel and confirm the message, that you want to download the update through your web browser.

https://www.voobly.com/updates/voobly-gamedata-aomt-v1.1.1.12.exe
Link | Reply | Quote
 xFreebird13

Posted 18 July 2022 - 3:13 am
I installed that link above and was not successful in getting it working.

"Click Cancel and confirm the message, that you want to download the update through your web browser."
With respect to this, should I see a message prompting me to confirm? I do not see that. It gets stuck downloading update and when I cancel out I either get no follow up message or another connecting message. i.e. Lost connection to the server. Reconnecting in x seconds.

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 July 2022 - 10:54 am
Please take a screenshot of the stuck download error message, as well as of the error message when you click Cancel.
Link | Reply | Quote
 xFreebird13

Posted 19 July 2022 - 1:49 am
I first get "Downloading Update", then "Downloading Update (Unknown)", then when I hit cancel I get "Lost Connection to the server. Reconnecting in 10 seconds."

If I reconnect I go back to "Downloading Update (Unknown)". If I cancel that, I go back to Lost Connection. If I hit cancel a few times then it goes away and no message follows.
Attachments:
pic1.png (file size: 11.83 KB)
pic2.png (file size: 11.08 KB)
whenihitcancel.png (file size: 15.21 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 19 July 2022 - 12:32 pm
First uninstall the game.

Then follow all steps in this self-help article:
[You must login to view link]

Please try entering a non-AOT lobby.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts