Cannot increase speed when watching recorded game

EternalRookie

Posted 28 July 2022 - 10:41 am
Anyone knows what the problem might be that might cause inability to increase speed when watching a recorded game? I do see it says game speed increase but graphically/visually, it does not.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 28 July 2022 - 12:09 pm
The game is getting slower and slower, that's normal. When watching a live game, you cannot make it run faster however, since you rely on the configured delay of the game room settings and the game speed in game. If you however experience unusual lag or a sluggish game, this may be the solution:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 EternalRookie

Posted 28 July 2022 - 3:12 pm
The question is about watching a RECORDED GAME and not spectating live game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 28 July 2022 - 3:17 pm
The question is about watching a RECORDED GAME and not spectating live game.
Please keep in mind, that we answer questions to players with any experience level. Many players don't understand the difference between spectating or watching a recorded game on Voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 EternalRookie

Posted 28 July 2022 - 3:25 pm
I understand but my original question remains unanswered. I am experiencing inability to speed up game while watching a recorded game. Any ideas/recommendation on what changes are required to solve that?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 28 July 2022 - 3:36 pm by +chris@voobly
+chris@voobly wrote:
The game is getting slower and slower, that's normal. [...] If you however experience unusual lag or a sluggish game, this may be the solution:

Please double check, whether Windows Defender is responsible for this.

Another cause could be this:
Link | Reply | Quote
 EternalRookie

Edited 28 July 2022 - 4:16 pm by EternalRookie
I have added exclusion to voobly.exe process on Defender and problem remains. Does it make sense to remove the Saved Games when my intent is to watch the recording of my prior multiplayer games?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 28 July 2022 - 4:51 pm
Could you please try moving all other files, except the one you want to watch?
Link | Reply | Quote
 gamesTonight

Posted 28 July 2022 - 5:07 pm
Anyone knows what the problem might be that might cause inability to increase speed when watching a recorded game? I do see it says game speed increase but graphically/visually, it does not.

go to options in-game and select the lowest resolution. Later, you can also try windowed-mode . (if you have a big extern monitor/tv, disable it for test).

This seems to be caused by low laptop CPU.

A permanent solution to this would be making a offline version of the game/mod you play and run the record there.

Why it works offline and not on voobly ? I'm not sure, but I believe it has something to do with low cpu and voobly anticheat(.dll).
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 29 July 2022 - 10:14 am
Hi Eternal,
Change spectator settings to no spectators if you want to change speed while watching a recorded game...
(Voobly give this warning)
Link | Reply | Quote
 EternalRookie

Edited 29 July 2022 - 3:25 pm by EternalRookie
Thank you. Removing spectator settings before launch fixed it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Gramex_

Posted 29 July 2022 - 9:00 pm
You cannot fast-forward watching a recorded game if any other players also watching together with you, either in spec or non-spec.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 31 July 2022 - 3:11 am
Thank you. Removing spectator settings before launch fixed it.
Glad to hear you got it working. I think I will add this to our Knowledge Base. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 13 out of 13 posts