Voobly Error

RENAC

Edited 28 March 2023 - 6:17 pm by RENAC
When I join the MS lobby, i take this error:

"Could not find game installation directory -- please join a lobby and run game diagnostics"

I formatted my computer and reinstalled the game and voobly
Attachments:
shot2.png (file size: 21.47 KB)
shot1.png (file size: 65.87 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 RENAC

Posted 28 March 2023 - 6:32 pm
And when I try to create lobby;
Attachments:
not2.png (file size: 16.74 KB)
not1.png (file size: 103.13 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 [MICHI_]718Fast_Attack

Posted 29 March 2023 - 12:08 am
I have the same issue!
Link | Reply | Quote
 RolandoMotta

Posted 29 March 2023 - 12:57 am
me too before that not happend... damn
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Altair_Ibn

Posted 29 March 2023 - 5:21 am
Please follow those steps to install everything correctly.

Please consider a clean installation of the Voobly client:
[You must login to view link]

If the problem still persist, a clean installation of the game is required as well:

Also make sure, you apply the recommended game room settings after:

Make sure you follow all steps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RENAC

Edited 29 March 2023 - 1:48 pm by RENAC
I did all, and after all got same problem.....

Diagnostics seems ok, but I cant get the updates/mods etc.
Attachments:
indir1.png (file size: 80.21 KB)
diag1.png (file size: 70.41 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 29 March 2023 - 1:47 pm
Please run and paste us the result of the game diagnostics.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RENAC

Edited 29 March 2023 - 1:49 pm by RENAC
Just edited the post but now sending here too.
Code:
Non-DirectPlay game path is 'C:\Users\caner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii' Verifying 'C:\Users\caner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\language_x1.dll' exists... Success! Verifying 'C:\Users\caner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists... Success! Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly' Game version is '1.0C-VLY' Verifying 'C:\Users\caner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\language_x1_p1.dll' exists... Success! Checking DirectPlay libraries... Looking for dpwsockx.dll... Looking for dplayx.dll... 'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 215552 bytes DirectPlay Init Success! Scanning installed DirectPlay games... Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found] Game was found in DirectPlay registry! DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'C:\Users\caner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii' DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby' DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'C:\Users\caner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe' Verifying file exists... Success! DirectPlay play thinks the language dll is at 'C:\Users\caner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\language_x1.dll' Verifying file exists... Success! Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe' Success! Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.
Attachments:
diag1.png (file size: 70.41 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 RENAC

Posted 29 March 2023 - 2:01 pm
Deleted other age of files, diagnotics changed like this:
Code:
Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd' Verifying 'ebueulax.dll' exists... Verifying 'age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists... Verifying 'language_x1_p1.dll' exists... Verifying 'Sound\music.m3u' exists... Verifying 'data\graphics.drs' exists... Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists... Success! Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly' Game version is '1.0C-VLY' Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd\language_x1_p1.dll' exists... Success! Checking DirectPlay libraries... Looking for dpwsockx.dll... Looking for dplayx.dll... 'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 215552 bytes DirectPlay Init Success! Scanning installed DirectPlay games... Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found] Game was found in DirectPlay registry! DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd' DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby' DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe' Verifying file exists... Success! Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe' Success! Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.

But still I got same errors.
Attachments:
hat2.png (file size: 78.96 KB)
hat1.png (file size: 73.79 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 29 March 2023 - 2:04 pm
Could you please check, whether a folder called "Voobly Mods" exists in your game directory?
Link | Reply | Quote
 RENAC

Posted 29 March 2023 - 2:05 pm
There's not a file like that
Link | Reply | Quote
 RENAC

Posted 29 March 2023 - 2:38 pm
I tried a clean install many times. Voobly, unofficial age of, steam age of, with and without compability patch etc.

The summary of this damn situation is in the attached picture ;drunk
Attachments:
LOL.png (file size: 62.12 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 29 March 2023 - 2:49 pm
Did you also install the compatibility patch? Where did you download the file from?
Link | Reply | Quote
 RENAC

Posted 29 March 2023 - 3:01 pm
Yeap. From here: [You must login to view link]

Named: Age2HDCompatibilityPatchV5
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 29 March 2023 - 3:15 pm
Then I don't understand why there is no folder called Voobly Mods in your game directory.

Is it possible, that your User Account Control (UAC) is disabled?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 26 posts