game starts low quality

VitorNascimento

Posted 13 May 2023 - 12:52 am
Hi guys, greetings. I've been playing for more than 3 years on Voobly's aot and I've never had this problem that I'll report here.

Yesterday when I tried to open aot I noticed that all the settings options I used were unchecked, and the game is in 640x480x16, low quality.

Then, within the options, I configure and mark the option to play in a window to get the resolution of my monitor (1920x1080), and I configure high quality, it is configured. But when I close the game and open it again, all the options I chose are unchecked and the game is again in low quality with 640x480x16.

This happens opening the game inside Voobly or outside.

It seems that the game is not able to go to full screen, so it gives some kind of bug.

I will send a video and some prints of what is happening. I would only reinstall the game if the solution attempts were exhausted, as I would lose all my settings.

I hope count on your help, thank you.

Attachments:
vdeo.mp4 (file size: 77.67 MB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +BlackAdder_

Edited 13 May 2023 - 1:26 am by +BlackAdder_
We've resolved it, was corrupted user profile (for others reading this, delete the profile file from C:\Users\windows_username\Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Users, potentially (or for Vanilla) install_folder\Age of Mythology\Users, you'll have to re-set your in-game settings, like volume, one-click garrisoning, etc., afterwards).
Link | Reply | Quote
 VitorNascimento

Posted 13 May 2023 - 11:55 am
It worked perfectly after that solution, thank you very much.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Edited 13 May 2023 - 4:35 pm by +miko@voobly
Glad to hear the problem was solved. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts