Community Forums > Voobly General > Announcements > AOT rating system update - May 2023

AOT rating system update - May 2023

[JSS_]__Grass

Posted 22 May 2023 - 8:43 pm
Bro what you did with this change is make it become extended edition. Which everyone dislikes the rating system. After 2400 for example you can rarely get a game vs someone at the same level. Which is exactly what will happen here. Now if your 1900 you can easily farm 1700s for 2k. And this whole thing of getting 50+ points for a win is INSANE. And it lasts for 16 games. If I won 16 games in a row vs 1700s ill get 2.1 its truly dumb
Link | Reply | Quote
 [PXx]3antozz

Posted 22 May 2023 - 9:28 pm
Making the players with high points not lose 40 points vs lower points is a good change, not only it will encourage 19+ players to not only play vs other 19+ players, but it will also be more fair to the 19+ player who loses a map because of an unfortunate incident or unfair matchup. As far as I'm concerned the 16 games boost just doesn't make sense and I don't see the benefits from it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [UCA]Ragnerox

Edited 23 May 2023 - 10:00 am by [UCA]Ragnerox
+1 on the higher rated players not losing 40 rr anymore. That'd hopefully encourage people to not pointsit entire week to only play someone closer to their rating.. and yeah i dont think anyone is a fan of the smurf boost change except austro who is probably writing down passwords to all his accounts so he can go thru them one by one and point trade (again). I wonder how this will affect actual new noob players who might find themselves vs tougher opponents cause they gained 50 rr.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 23 May 2023 - 2:02 pm
Indeed, with the new rating system there should be no need to pointsit anymore. Since the ratings are more stable now, you don't have to be afraid to lose it all in one game.

The boost is meant to get players to their real rating faster, both in the lower and higher end. The boost is a multiplier, which amplifies both wins and loses. This means the new noob players will lose a lot of rating initially, granted they lose their games.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [UCA]Ragnerox

Posted 23 May 2023 - 10:21 pm
https://www.voobly.com/match/view/25790162 i personally think this is absurd and takes the fun out of ranked. no one should get 65 rr from 1 game..
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 24 May 2023 - 7:42 am
https://www.voobly.com/match/view/25790162 i personally think this is absurd and takes the fun out of ranked. no one should get 65 rr from 1 game..

It's the booster multiplier for new players, basically for the first 20 games they play. The purpose: to quickly reach their real ELO. He will lose as many points, when losing. Please read what has been written in previous explanations re this.

I also don't quiet understand your point. The old rating settings allowed you to reward or lose 40+ points with every game you were playing, independant whether your were new player or a long term player. THIS has actually made no sense.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [PXx]3antozz

Posted 24 May 2023 - 5:17 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
It's the booster multiplier for new players, basically for the first 20 games they play. The purpose: to quickly reach their real ELO. He will lose as many points, when losing. Please read what has been written in previous explanations re this.

I also don't quiet understand your point. The old rating settings allowed you to reward or lose 40+ points with every game you were playing, independant whether your were new player or a long term player. THIS has actually made no sense.
Looking at the ladder and everyone is 1990-2100 means the rating is super inflated and doesn't actually represent the real elo. When a 1900 wins against a 1700 he shouldn't win 5 points it's too much, 1 as usual is enough since he's a significantly better player, that's what ELO was about since forever. The player with highest odds of winning doesn't get much points if he wins.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 24 May 2023 - 6:20 pm
Looking at the ladder and everyone is 1990-2100 means the rating is super inflated and doesn't actually represent the real elo. When a 1900 wins against a 1700 he shouldn't win 5 points it's too much, 1 as usual is enough since he's a significantly better player, that's what ELO was about since forever. The player with highest odds of winning doesn't get much points if he wins.
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [PXx]3antozz

Posted 24 May 2023 - 6:27 pm
"If the higher-rated player wins, then only a few rating points will be taken from the lower-rated player."
Link | Reply | Quote
 H_E_L_L_S

Edited 24 May 2023 - 7:16 pm by H_E_L_L_S
dumb
Link | Reply | Quote
 [OB_]BoIt

Posted 25 May 2023 - 9:08 am
ELO is better than ESO imo. Can always go back if it feels really off.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [JSS_]__Grass

Posted 25 May 2023 - 7:23 pm
Only when a player is much higher rated and loses to a player much lower rated. Now a low player can win vs another low player and they gain 60 points lmao this is stupid af. And your point saying "its only the first 20 games" doesnt matter if its a smurf. A smurf can gain 50 points a game by winning 1600-1700s. If I did this 20 games I'd be a 2.1k... I don't see the thought process behind this
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Edited 25 May 2023 - 7:53 pm by +miko@voobly
They can, and then they will be 1660, meaning they will lose a lot of points when they play against a 1550 and lose. While if they win, they will already win significantly less. If they want to go higher, they will need to play against higher level players.

You can't pointfarm your way to 2100. ;4hat
Link | Reply | Quote
 I_DeimoS_I

Edited 28 May 2023 - 9:07 am by I_DeimoS_I
this new system point is so bad !!! i win 18+ players in TG for 8 pts and need a 20 wins in a raw to go from 1600 to 1750 in TG in my only 1 old acc.u guys encourage players to open smurf acc'[You must login to view link] logic guys please fix it!
the solution is that 1650 wins an 1800 ,the 1650 should gain lot of pts and the 1800 will loss less pts .this way no one fear to play anyone and the lower rates players get rewarded as they should be for their efforts to win an 18+ and the 18+ dont have a lot to risk when they do it! both in 1x1 and TG.and in case the 18+ players win as they should be they gain small amount of pts and the 1650 players lose small amount of pts either.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [KeeN]KazuoTaoka

Edited 28 May 2023 - 10:54 am by [KeeN]KazuoTaoka

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]34
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 53 posts