Link | Reply | Quote
 [A2G]Pr1nzAlien

Posted 10 July 2023 - 2:39 am
still crashing
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 10 July 2023 - 10:48 am
I'm sorry to hear that. Please share with us the minidump.dmp file and the corresponding Voobly log (voobly (x).txt). You will find these files in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly
Then we could investigate what went wrong and potentially propose a solution.

Also, what operating system and which architecture are you running?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 11 July 2023 - 4:10 am
2 days ago, i played, 3-4 times Voobly crash, today I play few games, 1 time Voobly crash...

Host launch, ALL Voobly windows disappear, game try to contact the other players but that's not possible, every time the same...
It happen around 1 time in 5 launches...

I can not give minidump files because there aren't minidump files in my Voobly folder, so I give you the Voobly.txt files (in the rar)...

Windows 10 Pro 22H2, if you need something else, just ask...

Grts
Attachments:
Voobly.rar (file size: 78.95 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 11 July 2023 - 5:50 pm
Thanks kwin! :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [A2G]Pr1nzAlien

Posted 12 July 2023 - 2:31 am
same here too
Attachments:
Neuer Ordner.rar (file size: 65.01 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 12 July 2023 - 12:21 pm
same here too
Your archive contains no crash dump file, this means, that Voobly isn't crashing, but something else is causing the crash and then Voobly simply closes. Try updating your drivers.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Corax

Posted 13 July 2023 - 6:36 pm
Same here, Voobly randomly closes. Quite often while on map selection, where I click "custom" to pick BF LORD map. Sometimes after I 've done that. Sometimes during game. It is hard to pinpoint what causes it, since there is no debugger occurring.

I noticed it since last Voobly client update.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 13 July 2023 - 6:43 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
Supported Microsoft Operating Systems
  • Windows 7 Service Pack 1 with latest Windows Updates (Microsoft Support for this product has ended on Jan 14, 2020.)
  • Windows 8 with Update to Windows 8.1 and latest Windows Updates (Microsoft Support for this product has ended on Jan 10, 2023.)
  • Windows 10 with Update to 22h2
  • Windows 11 with Update to 22h2

Source: https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/352171
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 13 July 2023 - 7:54 pm
_Corax wrote:
Same here, Voobly randomly closes. Quite often while on map selection, where I click "custom" to pick BF LORD map. Sometimes after I 've done that. Sometimes during game. It is hard to pinpoint what causes it, since there is no debugger occurring.

I noticed it since last Voobly client update.

You must raise emulation level to at least Windows 7 / Windows 8 in your Wine settings.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Corax

Posted 13 July 2023 - 8:23 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
You must raise emulation level to at least Windows 7 / Windows 8 in your Wine settings.
It is already/has always been on Windows 7. Before update I had exactly 0 crashes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 13 July 2023 - 8:31 pm
_Corax wrote:
It is already/has always been on Windows 7. Before update I had exactly 0 crashes.
We have updated the Qt framework to 5.15. You must change your Wine settings to support the libraries and compatibility required by it. Windows 7 / Windows 8, even though unsupported still works fine. It is however recommend to use Windows 10 / Windows 11, the client update fixes important crashing issues with newer operating systems.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [USofA]brentheokay

Posted 14 July 2023 - 10:05 am
I play in custom scenario lobby lately, doing some cba hero. It is happening to everyone. About 1 in 3-5 games will launch from room, and 1 or more people will drop, just as described above. Sometimes host, sometimes another player.

When they drop, all voobly windows close. I'm running an up-to-date windows 11, and I'm sure all the players in the lobby are running various other OS. But it is happening to everybody, only since the "big update" which was a few weeks ago -- after which, there were many smaller updates that changed the inferface back and forth. The current one we are left at is giving everybody the same problem. (The big update I'm referring to, if clarification is needed, is the one where among other glitches the taunts in the game rooms were all messed up before another update came in to fix).

It very clearly from our end is a problem that is happening with voobly when the game launches after clicking launch button or when something in the game window is first selected if you are the host, when it does happen.

If it was isolated incidents for a few people it might make sense that they need to do something on their end, but I believe since it is happening to a great deal of people on the CS lobby, especially in conjunction with a series of updates, that it is likely something that happened with one of those updates.

People are fickle in this already quiet lobby, this often heavily disrupts people finding a game or staying on in my experience so far. They often won't wait for a player to rejoin, in which the left out player reopens voobly and is left unable to play a game until that one ends, or everyone disbands and you might have to wait another good deal of time before you can find another game of hero.

Just wanted to reaffirm it is happening to a lot of people, hoping that something is found out and a new update or some other thing fixes it. Thanks for everything you guys do, I'm grateful.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2345
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 61 posts