Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Aom EE compatibility unable to find license library EBUEulax.dll

Aom EE compatibility unable to find license library EBUEulax.dll

iamshu_

Posted 14 July 2023 - 9:42 pm
Hello all,

Old aom player here. I own EE, and have installed the compatibility patch, but get the above error when the lobby tries to start the game.

Any ideas about what may be causing this?

Thank you!!!
-shu
Attachments:
game_diagnostics.PNG (file size: 23.07 KB)
EBUEulax dll.PNG (file size: 409.43 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 14 July 2023 - 9:57 pm
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 14 July 2023 - 10:06 pm
Re-Install the game on Steam please and re-apply the compatibility patch. Please keep in mind, that you must start the game through Steam first, BEFORE installing the compatibility patch.
Link | Reply | Quote
 iamshu_

Posted 14 July 2023 - 10:16 pm
Thank you Chris. Does simply deleting the directory in C:/Program/Microsoftgames/aom remove the compatibility patch? I did that, started EE, ran compatibility patch again, and got the same error. Should voobly be pointing at the directory the compatibility patch creates, or should it be point to the steam one?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 14 July 2023 - 10:30 pm
You must uninstall the game through Steam and then re-install it again. Don't forget the steps I mentioned above, as this will create additional files.
Link | Reply | Quote
 iamshu_

Posted 14 July 2023 - 10:37 pm
Hmm, I uninstalled/reinstalled on steam and deleted the directory that compatibility created(lmk if there is more to uninstalling that).

Then I started EE on steam, ran compatibility, started voobly and pointed it at the compatibility directory of aom.exe, and it does start the game but immediately says initialization failed.

I believe I'm following these steps accurately...
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 15 July 2023 - 12:52 pm by +chris@voobly
AoT Compatibility Patch points to C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games\AgeOfMythology

According to your game diagnostics however, you have selected the wrong installation path with game binary, the HD one.
Attachments:
game_diagnostics.PNG (file size: 23.07 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts