Unable to host Rogue Spear game

Triptomine

Posted 3 August 2023 - 10:41 pm
Hi fellow Voobly members,

I'm trying to host a Rogue Spear game but players are unable to join my game.

I've opened up 16000 UDP in my firewall and forwarded it to my computer, I also forwarded 2346 to 2348 TCP/UDP for the troubleshooting process although that shouldn't be needed according to the NAT traversal article. I've disabled IPv6, Windows firewall and Defender.

Also I'm unable to find the Networks Diagnostic tool from the lobby under options, I only have game diagnostics which says everything is fine and the game version is 2.05

Does anyone have experience with hosting a RS server and bumped into the same issue like me?

Thank you in advance.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 5 August 2023 - 11:28 am
Please show me a screenshot of the DNAT rules (port forwarding rules) in your router.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Triptomine

Edited 7 August 2023 - 9:53 am by Triptomine
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply.

I've attached the screenshots from my NAT rules in my router

Kind regards,

Lars
Attachments:
Capture.PNG (file size: 28.68 KB)
Capture2.PNG (file size: 41.35 KB)
Capture3.PNG (file size: 4.79 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 August 2023 - 6:20 pm
I was also using DD-WRT in the past and the problem is related to some of the filter settings / firewall settings. If you cloak your ports, then some games won't work properly, even though the port has properly been forwarded.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Triptomine

Posted 10 August 2023 - 4:06 pm
Thank you Chris for the information.

Although most of the filtering is off Ill be trying it with OPNSense and let you know the outcome
Attachments:
Capture.PNG (file size: 47.32 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 10 August 2023 - 4:42 pm
Perhaps you are more interested in a Next-Generation Firewall which is freely available for private / non-commercial / home usage. Google Sophos XG and get a free home license. It is identical with the commercial firewall and all you need is an intel hardware with at least two network ports and 4 GB RAM. And you can use all the cool stuff, from WAF over E-Mail Security to VPN / Proxy and Application firewall. It’s using a hardened OpenSuse Kernel.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts