Unable to start AoM

xKjeel

Edited 25 August 2023 - 8:42 am by xKjeel
I cant play AoM onVoobly.
I have AoM EE and tried with the Comapatibility Patch to run the game I can start it through the Main Lobby but AoM is just f****ing and I cant press any button. (See Screenshot)
I manually added the textures.bar in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\textures because the were corrupt (downloaded from another thread). Before adding the textures.bar i just get some kind of black screen...
I tried multiple re-installs but it did not work for me....

if i try to start C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\aomxnocd.exe directly i get an "Initialization Error" i tried compatibility mode Windows XP, Resolution 640x480 etc..

i really dont know what else I can do..

Please help me!
Attachments:
aom.png (file size: 189.51 KB)
aom2.png (file size: 39.3 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 29 August 2023 - 9:04 pm
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the game. Please do the following steps to resolve the issue.

1) Uninstall Age of Mythology Extended Edition on Steam.
2) Delete the Age of Mythology folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology).
3) Install Age of Mythology Extended Edition on Steam.
4) Install the Compatibility Patch.
5) Open Voobly and join the AOT Main Lobby.
6) The game diagnostics will now prompt you to locate the Age of Mythology executable. Please point the diagnostics to this file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\aomx.exe
7) Restart Voobly and now you should be able to play Age of Mythology on Voobly.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts