Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds > Issue with EXE Patch/EF EXE Patch built-in widescreen

Issue with EXE Patch/EF EXE Patch built-in widescreen

Gton_

Posted 20 September 2023 - 9:38 pm
Hello, I'm having troubles launching Expanding Fronts Mod and the Exe patch on Voobly with in-built widescreen-resolution. I have a laptop with native 1600x900 resolution and games I start/join with the former option checked crashes the game immediately.

Without it checked it starts like shown in the attachment even though I have "start in windowed mode" checked.

I can't launch a game nor say I'm ready. Strangely, when I experimented turning both in Voobly and in the Expanding Fronts configurator "start in windowed mode" off Voobly wanted to check if DirectPlay is installed upon starting a game in Voobly. It results in confirming it is indeed installed and that's that. I find this strange, as I was told the EF configurator and Voobly act independently from one another and thus there shouldn't be any changes in Voobly at all after changing something in the configurator.

For clarification I tried everything suggested in the tutorial video on YouTube on how to install Expanding Fronts and I have the Voobly "force desktop resolution" feature turned off. I'm not using an external monitor but my native laptop screen with a 16:9 ratio.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Attachments:
LobbyAufloesung.png (file size: 264.13 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +Altair_Ibn

Posted 21 September 2023 - 5:00 am
I don't know if I'm right, but have you tried this:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Gton_

Posted 21 September 2023 - 4:26 pm
Unfortunately, the recommended settings didn't change anything either.

But thank you anyways.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Gton_

Posted 24 October 2023 - 4:15 pm
I was able to resolve this issue by accident. Recently, I got myself a CD gold edition of the game so I can play the campaigns via the All in one patch on one installation and Expanding Fronts on the other. Voobly automatically changed its default directory to the cd installment to my dismay at first. So I installed Expanding Fronts on the CD directory also. Now the resolution issue is fixed.
I am and were very aware of the incompatibility of the All in one Patch with Expanding Fronts. It wasn't installed on my laptop when I was having the issues. Just recently I installed the All in one patch on my steam directory to play campaigns since Voobly doesn't have any issues with the CD version and the Expanding Fronts/Exe patch there.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts