Where are AOMX units voice files installed?

Ricartus

Posted 28 September 2023 - 1:35 am
I would like to know where I can find the civilization-specific voice clips (those in native language) that we hear when we select units in the game, for example "prostagma", "malista", "etimos", "voulome", "kalos", "dritomos" for the Greeks.
Thanks!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 29 September 2023 - 5:14 pm
Hi Ricartus,

You will find these sound files in the following file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\sound\sounds.bar. You will need a tool however with which you can extract .bar files. You can use a utility called AoMED for this. I hope this helps. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ricartus

Posted 3 October 2023 - 5:57 am
+miko@voobly wrote:
Hi Ricartus,

You will find these sound files in the following file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\sound\sounds.bar. You will need a tool however with which you can extract .bar files. You can use a utility called AoMED for this. I hope this helps. :)

Hi, Miko! That is indeed very useful, thanks! Anyway, I did not expect to find no less than 153 Greek voice files!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 3 October 2023 - 4:27 pm
You're welcome and I'm glad to hear you found the files you need. Yes, there are a lot of sound files, which causes the sound experience of Age of Mythology to be as great as it is. 8)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts