Network Connection problem

MnHebi

Posted 12 October 2023 - 11:34 pm
I've port forwarded port 16000, I have static IP setup on my router so my IP address on the internal network does not change. End result is when I host games people cannot get into the launched game, and I cannot join launched games, game just gets stuck on the connecting to multiplayer game screen.

Tracert show a whole load of Request Timed Out.
Attachments:
tracert.png (file size: 27.91 KB)
portforward.png (file size: 10.56 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 13 October 2023 - 1:22 am
I know not much of it, but I know you only need the port 16000 UDP (not TCP)...
Link | Reply | Quote
 MnHebi

Posted 13 October 2023 - 10:32 am
+kwin wrote:
I know not much of it, but I know you only need the port 16000 UDP (not TCP)...
Yes I know but I tried it with TCP open as well in the end.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 13 October 2023 - 10:44 am
This won't work, you must set it to UDP only. For security reason we are blocking TCP on our NAT-T traffic.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 13 October 2023 - 12:09 pm
After forwarding UDP 16000, please paste us the results of the network diganostics. Enter a game lobby and navigate to menu Options > Network Diagnostics > Begin Scan.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MnHebi

Posted 13 October 2023 - 3:08 pm
Starting networking diagnostics...

Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 2' through port 11432 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 11432 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 1' through port 11432 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Test Result: Not Forwarded
Network Health: Warnings found but probably OK
Recommended Action: if you experience networking problems such fast proxy then port forwarding is recommended. The only port you need to forward is UDP port 16000 on Voobly you do NOT need the direct play ports 2300-2400 and 47624.
Details: You were able to receive traffic on the same port from all the servers, however, you were not able to receive data on the port configured in the Voobly client settings. It is recommended you forward this port in your router to the PC you use to play.

For help understanding this report or for more information go to http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/177#Network_Diagnostic_Tool.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 13 October 2023 - 3:43 pm
Please double-check whether the IP address 192.168.32.102 is still your local ip address.

Start > Run > type "cmd" and hit Enter > type "ipconfig" into Command Prompt and hit Enter

Your Port Forwarding rule must point to your computer's local ip address.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MnHebi

Posted 13 October 2023 - 3:45 pm
Yes it is, like I said I have setup static IP, and all my other port forwards work just fine.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 13 October 2023 - 4:12 pm
MnHebi wrote:
Test Result: Not Forwarded

Your local IP address either differs from the one defined in your DNAT rule or you have a second router or gateway behind your actual router.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts