Why we cant play rated DE Balance Allied vision?

+chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 30 October 2023 - 8:59 am
That’s something I will fix shortly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Mckei

Posted 30 October 2023 - 11:17 am
Hi Chris,

I agree with everything you've said. However, I believe we need to acknowledge that there are reasons why some players do not want to play 1.6. I'm certain that most of us have already given it a try, and yet, some players have chosen not to play. For those who still wish to play 1.6, it remains an option, there are always some rooms with 1.6. It's acceptable for individuals to opt out for various reasons, and I think that should be respected.

Promoting 1.6 is understandable, and I recognize that Voobly would like to encourage everyone to play this mode, which is also fine. The issue arises when attempts are made to enforce this change by removing what most players prefer or taking away something they enjoy. Generally, if the new version is indeed better than the old one, it will naturally replace it over time. Occasionally, a bit of promotion may be necessary for the transition. However, sometimes the shift might not occur, and that should also be accepted. Forcing people to abandon the old one for the new one is rarely a good idea and often met with resistance and usually it does not end well.

I think the main reason of why we all choose to play here is the freedom to play what we want. Voobly's lobby system is a unique advantage. We should allow people to select their preferred mode, map, and opponents, and let them enjoy. If some players want to play in a less popular mode with unconventional maps, that should be their preferences. Yes, you can technically still play DE with 1.5, but we're aware that it's not sustainable because it doesn't support ranked play. I think the recent changes go against Voobly's unique advantage, and in the long run, it may harm to our community.
Link | Reply | Quote
 lyxx

Posted 30 October 2023 - 1:09 pm
Then if it is like this Chriss why u allow even AGE of empires 1 to be played in voobly as i see.

This is total nonsense. I am a businessman and i can understand the need of progress, to be on the "things" to promote what gives me more future and prospect-ion.

But here we talk for a game. Here we talk about to let ppl chose what they prefer. And if things are the way you say they ll be then we will ALL do that.
But to have a bugged version and mandatory force people to do as so, in something they come for fun, then trust me will give exact the opposite results.
And IF we want to play that "unbalanced" DE Balance is our own choice i believe.
You know that recently when we had barely 1 BF room 16+ suddenly we have 2 or even 3? What that tells you?
And yesterday when this happened all stopped playing, all dis courage, fought, some left, some will leave to DE and some will quit.
IS that what you want?

IMO always and trust me i was in this "business" way before you, and talking with the "big heads" in this game, you need re established DE Balance from the moment you ll read this.

Find me online if you want to know more.

Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kenner116

Edited 30 October 2023 - 3:41 pm by kenner116
You must login into Voobly to view image

Change your mod to "v1.5 Game Data", then the game can be rated again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_OLYMP_]Vley2011

Posted 30 October 2023 - 3:59 pm
Esto debías hacerlo hace meses atrás, y la verdad te felicito tomar esta decisión, muchas personas no les gusta salir de la zona de confort, aparte que el juego es gratis, se quejan, desde que salió de wk De y luego el parche 1.6 mi clan y mis amigos lo hemos intentado promocionar, incluso mi amigo Bit, se mudo el De steam por falta de apoyo de la comunidad de Voobly, ahora con esto eh visto que la mayoría de jugadores estas cambiándose al 1.6, solo es cuestión que se acoplen a las nuevas civis, no des el brazo a torcer, que un un par de meses ya todos olvidaran el tema y estarán gustos de jugar este Mod. Pst: Cuando agregan a los ROMANOS ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_OLYMP_]Vley2011

Edited 30 October 2023 - 4:45 pm by [_OLYMP_]Vley2011
Bueno apoye el juego, pero ya se me cierra 3 veces en menos de 1hora, el juego con error de sincronización, ahora si estoy no estoy de acuerdo, pensé que ya habían arreglando ese error,
Attachments:

Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Edited 30 October 2023 - 6:03 pm by +pablo@voobly
Bueno apoye el juego, pero ya se me cierra 3 veces en menos de 1hora, el juego con error de sincronización, ahora si estoy no estoy de acuerdo, pensé que ya habían arreglando ese error,
Es muy difícil encontrar todos los fallos de un programa. Desde luego han disminuido considerablemente los problemas en los últimos meses. De cualquier manera, necesitamos más datos para ver si es un error en el juego y cómo arreglarlo. Qué partida fue, qué civilizaciones jugaban, qué estaba pasando...
Especialmente importante son los informes de eventos si a algún jugador se le cerró el juego.
Link | Reply | Quote
 lyxx

Posted 30 October 2023 - 7:32 pm
Instead of trying to debate points one by one you should see the overall picture here.

WE DONT WANT TO BE FORCED PLAY THIS VERSION.

What is so hard to understand?

Check how the games reduced last two days.
How ppl complain.
How many want to stop.
How many lost interest to game.

Dont you get it? Its totally wrong and unfair what you did.
Now take over the responsibility of your actions and re establish the rating system.
Or lose us all.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_OLYMP_]Vley2011

Posted 30 October 2023 - 8:08 pm
voy a subir el archivo que se auto guardo, no paso ni 15 minutos en el game, y se cierra, recuero un bug, que cuando guardaba unidades en el ariete se cerraba el juego, pero ahí ni castillos estaba.
Chris, es momento de aceptar que el parche aun no esta listo. Regresa el rater DE
Attachments:
rec.20231030-103902.mgz (file size: 1.58 MB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_karmakiller

Posted 30 October 2023 - 10:56 pm
Por mi parte he jugado Nomada con los mismos de siempre y no han habido problemas,a la gente les cuesta bastante adapt**** al cambio y les cuesta mucho entender las nuevas civilizaciones. Pero esta chido, recientemente compre el DE de steam y ni siquiera estan todas las civis porque hay que pagarlas, agradezcan el esfuerzo que han hecho y ocupen la nueva versión que si funciona.

Link | Reply | Quote
 Sickle

Posted 30 October 2023 - 11:28 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
Gentlemen

I don’t see the problem — really. You guys can still play DE Game Balance, simply choose the Match Stats Ladder and you are ready to go.

Same goes for all those people claiming, that we unrated 1.5. This is complete nonsense.
  • For those who still want to play the original AOC: 1.0c up to UP 1.5 are still rated and can be played on any rated ladder. => players who want to play the good old AOC
  • For those who want to play HD, choose UP 1.5 + 1.5 Game Data (or continue playing Wololo Kingdoms). This can be played on any rated ladder. => players who want to play HD
  • For those who want to play DE, choose 1.6 + 1.6 Game Data, which can also be played on any rated ladder. => players who want to play DE

As you can see, any generation of AOC can be played on a ladder. For those experiencing technical problems, please post at the forums and we will help you resolving them (Windows Defender issues etc.). If you experience any crashes or find any bugs on 1.6, post them in our mod Center (or at the forums) and our developers will fix them. If there are any maps missing with Allied Vision, please let us know and we will update the Map Pack accordingly.

Yeah I know, we all loved DE Game Balance for obvious reasons. But please try to understand, the mod is not feature complete, many things are missing or were implemented differently, and all the new civs are missing which makes the DE game balance completely uneven. The mod’s maintainer certainly did a great job and it took us almost two years to complete 1.6.

But there are also as many complaints — and we have many new players coming to Voobly and leaving again, because we are playing this mod instead of the actual DE. The majority of the AOE II community (>90%) is already playing DE on Steam, and in about 3.5 years Microsoft will abandon DE and declare it End-Of-Life (EOL). If we want to survive as Voobly community, we have to move on and play the actual game which is DE and not some niche mod (or the almost 25 years old AOC with only 19 civs).

Let’s be progressive gentlemen instead of living in the past.

Nah, makes sense, and you tried for long time in more friendly ways.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nath26

Edited 31 October 2023 - 2:56 am by Nath26
if we put DE Balance Alied Vision the settings turns on "rated : no" we cant get it rated with DE..(i mean on 1.5 version i dont like 1.6 version graphism, icon, behaviour, new civ.. i prefer to stay on 1.5 DE and we cant get a rated room with that settings)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Draughr

Posted 1 November 2023 - 3:02 am
Quote:
Instead of trying to debate points one by one you should see the overall picture here.

WE DONT WANT TO BE FORCED PLAY THIS VERSION.

What is so hard to understand?

Check how the games reduced last two days.
How ppl complain.
How many want to stop.
How many lost interest to game.

Dont you get it? Its totally wrong and unfair what you did.
Now take over the responsibility of your actions and re establish the rating system.
Or lose us all.

Completely agree.

It is a terribly erratic measure to force users to play something they do not want or prefer, and I have to add that although I also like 1.6, these types of actions make me hate it.

I was an enthusiast who closely followed the 1.6 mod since I discovered it when I think it was in version 1.2, and I know how great it could be, but in my opinion it falters a lot compared to the simplicity and low demand on resources of the DE Balance , and frankly I have grown tired of how they treat the mods that they apparently consider as "rivals".
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ 'V]Germania_sk

Posted 5 November 2023 - 7:03 pm
My hotkey for siege elephant in stops working after I upgrade armoured elephant to siege elephant. I can not assign a hotkey for siege elephant, either.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 5 November 2023 - 7:44 pm
My hotkey for siege elephant in stops working after I upgrade armoured elephant to siege elephant. I can not assign a hotkey for siege elephant, either.

Could you please report found bugs at the technical support forums so we can keep track of reported issues and solve them?

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]3
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 35 posts