DE balance rated??

[_TDA]Mo2a

Posted 30 October 2023 - 8:29 am
why is DE balance no longer available for rated games??? , also 1.6 data patch doesn't have allied vision..
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 30 October 2023 - 8:35 am
You can play any map with Allied Vision on 1.6, it’s not related to the mod at all. Please give me a list of maps and we will deploy them accordingly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_TDA]Mo2a

Posted 30 October 2023 - 8:38 am
ok I found allied vision maps in the list of maps , thank you
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 30 October 2023 - 8:43 am
You are welcome.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_TDA]Mo2a

Edited 30 October 2023 - 4:48 pm by [_TDA]Mo2a
ok after testing it , 1.6 keeps going out of sync all the time , guess we need DE balance rated back at least until the bugs in 1.6 are fixed .
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Edited 30 October 2023 - 6:02 pm by +pablo@voobly
[_TDA]Mo2a wrote:
ok after testing it , 1.6 keeps going out of sync all the time , guess we need DE balance rated back at least until the bugs in 1.6 are fixed .
Gives us more details about the errors and we'll try to fix them. Game link, civilizations involved, units or actions that were going on right before...
Specially important are the event reports in case the game crashed for someone.
Link | Reply | Quote
 gokboru18

Posted 30 October 2023 - 6:35 pm
Hello fellow gamers and Mods,

Bugs in 1.6:

1. Gameplay is slower than usual, it reminds me of playing on Steam HD version.
2. The spawns are way off and not consistent. For example, in AV.Blackforest, the extra sheeps/turkeys spawn too far from TCs.
3. Some villager and military unit commands are bugged, e.g. Cav archers don't attack in stand ground mode at times. Vils stop moving or don't follow the command.
4. The graphics are terrible.
5. I play a BF game with 8 players on 1.5 and the game runs smoothly without lag but when you play with same players on 1.6 it becomes laggy.
6. Random crashes.

Sometimes, I have time for just 1 game sometimes I can only spectate, sometimes I can play for few hours. If I have to take notes of the bugs after every game then I personally would either not play the game or move to a better working platform. So I don't think we need to make a list of bugs based on the comments and then work on them.

As creators/devs, there must be enough testing done to sort out the bugs and if it hasn't been done, then don't roll out the 1.6 and force people to play on it. It's just not viable and not good for long term.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Edited 30 October 2023 - 6:51 pm by +pablo@voobly
gokboru18 wrote:
1. Gameplay is slower than usual, it reminds me of playing on Steam HD version.
We have never touched the speed. Don't confuse your impression with the actual game. Get a stopwatch and time the game with and without the mod.
gokboru18 wrote:
2. The spawns are way off and not consistent. For example, in AV.Blackforest, the extra sheeps/turkeys spawn too far from TCs.
I believe that's the basic Black Forest map from the original game. Nevertheless, if you preffer a different map script, let me know where to find it.
gokboru18 wrote:
3. Some villager and military unit commands are bugged, e.g. Cav archers don't attack in stand ground mode at times. Vils stop moving or don't follow the command.
Again, we haven't touched commands or pathing. Specially cav archers, that have a very long frame delay, are not a good example. Show me a comparison with and without the game of stuff that doesn't work as before.
gokboru18 wrote:
4. The graphics are terrible.
How? The graphics are the WK ones unless you use the DE ones.
gokboru18 wrote:
5. I play a BF game with 8 players on 1.5 and the game runs smoothly without lag but when you play with same players on 1.6 it becomes laggy.
Do all players have the game properly configured? There are videos in the mod's page.
gokboru18 wrote:
6. Random crashes.
Please, report them with event viewer screenshots.
gokboru18 wrote:
As creators/devs, there must be enough testing done to sort out the bugs and if it hasn't been done.
We are not creators/developers, we are volunteers and rely on the community to help us.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ 'V]Germania_sk

Posted 30 October 2023 - 7:05 pm
Generally, if the new version is indeed better than the old one, it will naturally replace it over time.

Yeah, the word naturally makes perfect sense, i don't think anything needs to be forced upon players.

I think the main reason of why we all choose to play here is the freedom to play what we want. Voobly's lobby system is a unique advantage.

Removing options for players goes contrary to what is Voobly's main advantage.

Link | Reply | Quote
 lyxx

Posted 30 October 2023 - 7:32 pm
Instead of trying to debate all Mongol points one by one you should see the overall picture here.

WE DONT WANT TO BE FORCED PLAY THIS VERSION.

What is so hard to understand?

Check how the games reduced last two days.
How ppl complain.
How many want to stop.
How many lost interest to game.

Dont you get it? Its totally wrong and unfair what you did.
Now take over the responsibility of your actions and re establish the rating system.
Or lose us all.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 30 October 2023 - 7:42 pm by +chris@voobly
No one is forcing you to play 1.6

We actually corrected that only official versions of the game are rated, e. g. 1.0c, 1.4, 1.5, 1.5 WK/HD, 1.6 DE.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ 'V]Germania_sk

Posted 30 October 2023 - 7:45 pm
lyxx wrote:
Or lose us all.

Yeah, this is for the old players, tho.
I can see the point chris made in the other thread about new players coming to play fully featured DE on voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_OLYMP_]Vley2011

Posted 30 October 2023 - 7:59 pm
Hello, look, my friends and I have supported this mod since it came out, and we have reported the bugs several times, however when they fix a bug, 2 new ones appear, I appreciate your effort but I must say that the game still has many errors , and the worst of all is a synchronization error, it has already happened 3 times, and that scares the players and empties the room, this time I agree with some complaints, and indeed the game is slower, they are scaring away people, I supported this, but in view of the errors, I step aside, and I side with the majority, that the rater returns in the DE mod.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_OLYMP_]Vley2011

Posted 30 October 2023 - 8:03 pm
hay muchos errores Cris, te repito, siempre apoye la iniciativa de este parche. Pero no solucionan el error de sincronización, puedo aguantar que el juego este algo lento, o que un vill se quede parado, pero el erro de sincronización afecta a todos, y espata a la gente, muy pronto veras a la gente jugando el allied vision, o peor, ya no habrá gente.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 30 October 2023 - 8:43 pm
Hello, look, my friends and I have supported this mod since it came out, and we have reported the bugs several times, however when they fix a bug, 2 new ones appear, I appreciate your effort but I must say that the game still has many errors , and the worst of all is a synchronization error, it has already happened 3 times, and that scares the players and empties the room, this time I agree with some complaints, and indeed the game is slower, they are scaring away people, I supported this, but in view of the errors, I step aside, and I side with the majority, that the rater returns in the DE mod.

The situation is different with 1.6 -- this time we have full control over the source code. The more people help us reporting problems, the faster those issues can be found and fixed by us. Unfortunately there are only few people on Voobly who actually report any problems.

We are beyond the stage however, that we could find those problems ourselves by playing a few dozen test games. Most of those undetected problems occur under certain circumstances and with the new civs only -- this clearly requires the help of the community. And as you can see, MS is doing no better as they face exactly the same problems.

The bottom line is, it's an actively developed game, with many upsides and also downsides on both, Steam and Voobly.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 20 posts