Bug Version 1.6 Game data with hotkey for barracks

neilldn74

Posted 1 November 2023 - 4:17 am
There is a bug in Version 1.6 Game data, V.1.6 patch where the hotkey to create a barracks does not work. I tried to change the hotkey but it never works. The barracks appears and then quickly dissappears. Anybody else having this issue?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 1 November 2023 - 9:36 am
The barracks works fine for me. What hotkey are you using? Do you have "select all" configured? The answer "no idea" is valid for the second question.
Link | Reply | Quote
 neilldn74

Posted 2 November 2023 - 2:53 am
It's the same bug for creating a castle so it's not the hotkey I am using. I did try to change it. When I try to build the building (the castle or the barracks), tt appears for a split second and then immediately dissappears. For some reason, I can build an archery range fine. Other people say they have the same issue. To build a barracks, I used Shift+B and to build a castle, I used shift+c
Link | Reply | Quote
 neilldn74

Posted 2 November 2023 - 2:55 am
Just to add, to build an archery range, I used the hotkey Shift+R and that works fine for some reason while the barracks and castle do not.
Link | Reply | Quote
 neilldn74

Posted 2 November 2023 - 3:33 am
I figured out what's happening. These are my hotkeys:

Build a barracks: Shift+B
Build a castle: Shift+C
Build an archery range: Shift+R
Build a siege workshop: Shift+Y
Build a stable: Shift + V

For all of these except the barracks and the castle, I can keep Shift plus the letter pressed as long as I want and it builds the building fine. But for the barracks and the castle, if I hold shift and the letter down for any length of time, the building dissappears before it can be made. In order for the hotkey to work, what I have to do is hold shift down and simultaneously tap the letter once while keeping shift pressed down. It builds the barracks/casstle then. I don't understand why it's doing this for just the barracks and the castle. It kind of sucks because if you are trying to build a barracks really quickly in the game, you might forget to do this. However, at least I know how to make the hotkey work now.
Link | Reply | Quote
 neilldn74

Posted 2 November 2023 - 4:51 am
Actually, I take it back. For some reason, when I played a live game, it didn't work. The barracks keeps dissappearing when I tried to make it, even when I tried to hold shift and only tap B once. Same with the castle. It's definitely a bug with the game. The hotkeys for building the castle/barracks are not working. I tried ALT+B but it's exactly the same. For some reason, it was working in a single player game when I was messing around with the hotkeys but not in a competitive RM Team game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 neilldn74

Posted 4 November 2023 - 5:10 pm
Just letting you know that you were right. The issue was that the Select all Barracks and select all cases defaults to hotkeys B and C. So, if you use those keys as your hotkey for building the barracks, it messes up your hotkey for building the barracks, even if you do Shift+B. I changed the hotkey for select all option and it is working fine now. Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 5 November 2023 - 11:56 am
Glad to hear you fixed it. It was actually your detailed description of what was happening that gave me the idea.
Link | Reply | Quote
 zunks

Edited 6 November 2023 - 9:20 pm by zunks
How to solve the problem with hotkeys in the updated version of the mod v1.6 game data

[You must login to view link]

Also, make sure u have your entire age 2 folder and voobly folder added to the list of exceptions of your anti virus and firewall to avoid lag/minor issues.

Don't overlap your select all hotkeys with the regular hotkeys, otherwise you will have unnecessary issues.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 20 November 2023 - 4:43 am
zunks wrote:
How to solve the problem with hotkeys in the updated version of the mod v1.6 game data

[You must login to view link]

Also, make sure u have your entire age 2 folder and voobly folder added to the list of exceptions of your anti virus and firewall to avoid lag/minor issues.

Don't overlap your select all hotkeys with the regular hotkeys, otherwise you will have unnecessary issues.

Thanks for your help. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts