Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Having major problems trying to run the compatibility patch

Having major problems trying to run the compatibility patch

C3rv

Edited 3 November 2023 - 11:51 pm by C3rv
I installed the compatibility patch and the updates, as I'm a EE player trying to play on voobly, and when I tried joining a match I was greeted with this ;w00t
that's supposed to be the main menu

help
Attachments:
Captura de Tela 152.png (file size: 127.44 KB)
Captura de Tela 153.png (file size: 860.75 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 4 November 2023 - 11:19 pm
Hi C3rv,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the game. It appears something went wrong during the installation. Please do the following steps to resolve the issue.

1) Uninstall Age of Mythology Extended Edition on Steam.
2) Delete the Age of Mythology folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology).
3) Install Age of Mythology Extended Edition on Steam.
4) Install the Compatibility Patch.
5) Open Voobly and join the AOT Main Lobby.
6) The game diagnostics will now prompt you to locate the Age of Mythology executable. Please point the diagnostics to this file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\aomx.exe
7) Restart Voobly and now you should be able to play Age of Mythology on Voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 C3rv

Posted 5 November 2023 - 4:52 pm
hey miko! thanks for the reply

I've follwed the steps, but now when i try to open the game i get a "initialization failed" error screen
Attachments:

Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 6 November 2023 - 9:12 pm
You're welcome. That's odd. Normally this should work, but it seems like some essential files may be missing. Could you send me a screenshot of the contents of the following folder? C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology. Thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 C3rv

Posted 7 November 2023 - 3:47 pm
of course, here:
Attachments:
Captura de Tela 156.png (file size: 229.84 KB)
Captura de Tela 157.png (file size: 243.45 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 8 November 2023 - 11:24 am
Thank you. Everything seems to be complete, so a file must be corrupt. Have you tried running the aomxnocd.exe you see in the folder? If you do, we can check whether the game runs outside of Voobly.

If aomxnocd.exe didn't work, please download the [You must login to view link]. Please copy all files from the Age of Mythology folder in the zip-file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology and overwrite the files if Windows asks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 C3rv

Posted 8 November 2023 - 1:32 pm
That worked perfectly! Thank you so much

I really appreciate the effort you guys put into this community, I will totally donate when I'm able.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 9 November 2023 - 6:08 pm
You're welcome. I'm glad to hear the problem is solved now. Welcome to Voobly and have fun playing Age of Mythology with us. ;flowers

We are glad to do the effort and keep our Age of Mythology community alive and well. If you would like to support Voobly in the future, you could consider buying premium. In addition to supporting us, you will receive some cool and useful features in the Voobly client as well. ;1thumbup

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts