Map Pool for 1.6 Game Data....

CSA_R_Griffith

Posted 5 November 2023 - 10:43 pm
Hey guys....

Your map pool.... IS NOT WORKING properly.....

Playing against the AI, we got 2 issues found so far... Arena + AV + FP == No walls + no scouts + no resources near!

Playing BF + AV + FP == no resources at start + AI(Comps) next to you at start + Some of us were completely away from us split by trees! It was like playing MICHI!!!!

In both games we set up Full Random.... But it was like playing NOTHING MAPS.... because was pretty strange... and AI was like in the easiest when difficult was set to hardest....

Please fix it!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 6 November 2023 - 6:57 am
Did you use the correct colors and team distribution? The description of FP maps explains that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_R_Griffith

Posted 6 November 2023 - 3:54 pm
Well. If you are going to play with the called map “Full Random” you are not expecting to preset some colors and team distribution… For players whose are testing, trying for first time in a while, or even moving into, this version of the game, from 1.5 with variants(normal aoc, wk, de, realms, etc) shall not expect to play Full Random map (where all games in 1.5 you can play with no issues and standard pool of maps) to get this kind of issues…

Maybe consider to rename “Full Random” to “Full Random AVFP” or some friendly name so people know that they can get some weirdo maps.

Have been looking deeper into it and also found that some of our players have experienced lost of hotkeys… while looking over forums there wasn’t a clear guide to put the hotkeys nor copy/paste files… that also difficult anyone….

Finally. I had to swim over forums and the game mod to get with member plus website and discover the link of features of community patch where it says that AI is not working properly(we discovered playing 2 games… the BF the computer attacked in dark age and then did nothing, and the Arabia, the computer did nothing) then we realized there are some AI specific for this newer version but doesn’t seems to have too much explanation on what does each one of them…

In 1.5 I can see Promi, Barbarian, BruteForce and Computer. I know that Promi is better than Barbarian, which is better than BruteForce. I discovered it by playing. But not sure if I have to keep playing in 1.6 to check which AI is working and which difficult level they are in hardest or not…
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 9 November 2023 - 5:43 pm
You are right on the Random maps. Most of the random options are disabled due to that and that option remains visible because the string "Full random" is used elsewhere. Seeing that people actually use it. I may remove it to force the use of the random pool that is actually functional.

On the hotkeys, there's an explanation in the "how to play" video in the main page.

As for the AI, there are no warnings as I've never seen anything weird with the AI. Appart from not being super efficient with the new civilizations, I always see it work properly. The one with the mod is an updated Promi, if you are interested.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 9 November 2023 - 7:07 pm
While we are on the subject, would you be interested in having Allied Vision in the random map pool? I can add it easily. The fixed positions are not possible at the moment.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts